Hoping for some advice please

Hi All,

Apologies in advance if this information is available elsewhere, but your guys accuracy and responsiveness has always beaten trawling through information or calling around :)

I have a Sainsbury's CC, I'm out of the 0% purchase term (ended Feb), and have until October to pay off the remaining balance (2k). I have no issues here, and payments will be made on time.

So, my car insurance is due on 24th April, and now I can't use this card to pay the balance.

1) Am I too late to apply for a new card with another company (eg. Virgin 30mths 0%)
2) Is it an option to call Sainsburys and ask for a new credit card, but with the 28mths 0% promotion? I expect they'll tell me to git gone...
3) Is there another alternative? Other than monthly payments with the insurer... that's a last resort.

Thanks in advance for anyone able to help :)

Dave
Started 07/15. Car finance £6951 , Mortgage: 261k - Savings: £0! Home improvements are expensive

Comments

• newuser86
    newuser86 Posts: 312
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If you applied today you may get lucky that they send the card out in time but wouldn't rely on it.
    I don't think sainsburys will give you another card for the same promotion you had as you still hold another card with them.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Debit card?
  • dcouponzzzz
    dcouponzzzz Posts: 450
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Debit card?

If I didn't have 9 weddings to attend and pay for, 2 of which are abroad (!!!!in santorini and vegas), then a debit card would be an option. As it stands all of my money is accounted for until next year.
    Started 07/15. Car finance £6951 , Mortgage: 261k - Savings: £0! Home improvements are expensive
  • blitzboy
    blitzboy Posts: 477 Forumite
    If I didn't have 9 weddings to attend and pay for, 2 of which are abroad (!!!!in santorini and vegas), then a debit card would be an option. As it stands all of my money is accounted for until next year.

Surely all of those weddings aren't in the next few weeks though? Can't you use your debit card for the insurance now, apply for a new 0% purchase card and then do some 'normal' spending on that when it arrives instead of your debit card to boost your 'wedding fund' back up again?
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    Hi All,

Apologies in advance if this information is available elsewhere, but your guys accuracy and responsiveness has always beaten trawling through information or calling around :)

I have a Sainsbury's CC, I'm out of the 0% purchase term (ended Feb), and have until October to pay off the remaining balance (2k). I have no issues here, and payments will be made on time.

So, my car insurance is due on 24th April, and now I can't use this card to pay the balance.

1) Am I too late to apply for a new card with another company (eg. Virgin 30mths 0%)
    2) Is it an option to call Sainsburys and ask for a new credit card, but with the 28mths 0% promotion? I expect they'll tell me to git gone...
    3) Is there another alternative? Other than monthly payments with the insurer... that's a last resort.

Thanks in advance for anyone able to help :)

Dave

What is your annual cost of car insurance going to be?

What is the total credit limit of the Sainsbury's card?

How much is the balance outstanding on the Sainsbury's card?

Do you hold any other credit cards? If so, what are their total credit limits / outstanding balances?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • chattychappy
    chattychappy Posts: 7,302 Forumite

I trust you're getting Clarity, Zero, Barclaycard Travel etc., for the foreign spend?
  • Do you really want to go to all those weddings ? They sound like a massive waste of money that you don't have.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure