Debt Relief Orders (DRO) - Information & help thread

Comments

• Sam090884
    Sam090884 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Hi everyone

My DRO ended Friday 13th I know I!!!8217;m still listed for the next three months on the register
    What happens now with my credit file will my debts now say closed/discharged?

What!!!8217;s the best way now to rebuild my credit?

Thanks in advance
  • Hi,
    My application was submitted this afternoon to the insolvency service. I feel sick with worry. How long usually on average does it take to get an answer? I!!!8217;ll be checking the insolvency register online every day! Thank you!
  • Jenie
    Jenie Posts: 10 Forumite
    I submitted my application yesterday and got approved today so hopefully you will hear by tomorrow.
  • Mumof4.84
    Mumof4.84 Posts: 10 Forumite
    I submitted my dro on Tuesday and I phoned today they have said there's a problem with the payment system and there going to take at least 10-14days to be looked at. Which is weird as when I rang them the day it submitted they told me give it 24-48hrs for a decision
  • Twubble
    Twubble Posts: 80 Forumite
    Mumof4.84 wrote: »
    I submitted my dro on Tuesday and I phoned today they have said there's a problem with the payment system and there going to take at least 10-14days to be looked at. Which is weird as when I rang them the day it submitted they told me give it 24-48hrs for a decision

Hi. There has been a problem. Not sure if it's sorted yet or not, but you could try looking on the Individual Insolvency Register to see if you are listed. If not, don't worry as they will still be having issues. It usually takes around two days.
  • Still not heard anything and not on the insolvency register. This wait is awful I!!!8217;m so nervous about it all!! Fingers crossed I!!!8217;ll hear by the weekend and good luck to anyone else x
  • I'm considering entering in a DRO and have a question. After the 6 years do you have to declare that you have ever had a DRO even if it no longer shows on your credit report.

I know that there are occasionally questions on credit applications that state have you ever been bankrupt/ in an IVA ( i'm thinking in regards to getting a mortgage in the future) or is that it once its off your report then thats it? Is there an obligation to declare?

Also would you only have to declare it if it explicitly says have you had a DRO , but if its asks for bankruptcy you can say no?

I'm definitely not planning on getting credit, apart from a mortgage, possibly, in the future as i cant trust myself but just wanted to check these things before i go forward with it.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    I'm considering entering in a DRO and have a question. After the 6 years do you have to declare that you have ever had a DRO even if it no longer shows on your credit report.

I know that there are occasionally questions on credit applications that state have you ever been bankrupt/ in an IVA ( i'm thinking in regards to getting a mortgage in the future) or is that it once its off your report then thats it? Is there an obligation to declare?

Also would you only have to declare it if it explicitly says have you had a DRO , but if its asks for bankruptcy you can say no?

I'm definitely not planning on getting credit, apart from a mortgage, possibly, in the future as i cant trust myself but just wanted to check these things before i go forward with it.
    You should answer questions honestly (which is what I'm trying to do).

So if they ask 'Have you been bankrupt?' the answer is no

If they ask have you been insolvent the answer is yes

You are correct that it disappears from the credit files after 6 years.
  • fatbelly wrote: »
    You should answer questions honestly (which is what I'm trying to do).

So if they ask 'Have you been bankrupt?' the answer is no

If they ask have you been insolvent the answer is yes

You are correct that it disappears from the credit files after 6 years.

Is this the same after the 6 years? would i still have to admit to being insolvent after its come off my credit file?
  • Mumof4.84
    Mumof4.84 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Is it true there rejecting applications due to non payment, I've paid the £90 and when I rang today they said it might get rejected due to payments not being processed as they have a fault in their system. I'm worried I've paid £90 and was told it would be dealt with quickly yet now there having problems. I'm told different things everyone I ring someone
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback