IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

2012 vcs bw leagal

Good evening all. This is a thread made after hours of searching through the stickies and being overwhelmed with the wealth of information that has been shared on this site.

Today I received a letter from VCS and BW Legal in regards to an unpaid PCN from 11.04.2012!!

The letter states that my outstanding balance of £174 has been passed onto BW Legal for collection and if payment is not received within 16 days then they will commence legal proceedings.

My research has informed me that I do need to respond to this letter as seeing Mad hatters thread BW Legal are likely to start court proceedings.

I am completely unaware of this PNC and have moved home 4 times since 2012 and at a loss as to why they have only sent me this letter now demanding payment. I was the registered keeper at that time but can't remember receiving any letters regarding this parking fine. The letter states that the PNC was issued for failing to display a valid ticket??

If somebody could be so kind as to point me in the right direction of which thread is most useful for me to begin to challenge this it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    they have sent this out because they have 6 years to issue a court claim, so send out scary letters before the deadline, that is why it has happened

as you say , you need to rebut and refute this as KEEPER (not driver) using the GAN letters posted dozens of times on here, playing ping pong with B W LEGAL

do not ignore this

read the sticky threads and find similar threads over the last 12 months and do the same as they did , similar threads are the PEEL CENTRE , STOCKPORT , and the CHORLTON car park too

as the case is PRE POFA2012 then you stand a good chance of beating this , as POFA came in during oct 2012
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    justice17 wrote: »
    Good evening all. This is a thread made after hours of searching through the stickies and being overwhelmed with the wealth of information that has been shared on this site.

Today I received a letter from VCS and BW Legal in regards to an unpaid PCN from 11.04.2012!!

The letter states that my outstanding balance of £174 has been passed onto BW Legal for collection and if payment is not received within 16 days then they will commence legal proceedings.

My research has informed me that I do need to respond to this letter as seeing Mad hatters thread BW Legal are likely to start court proceedings.

I am completely unaware of this PNC and have moved home 4 times since 2012 and at a loss as to why they have only sent me this letter now demanding payment. I was the registered keeper at that time but can't remember receiving any letters regarding this parking fine. The letter states that the PNC was issued for failing to display a valid ticket??

If somebody could be so kind as to point me in the right direction of which thread is most useful for me to begin to challenge this it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!!

VCS scraping the barrel again, and the stick on leeches, BWLegal
    going along with an April 2012 claim

Both are round the bend if they think such a claim will succeed

The members on here will help you DEFEAT this low life and in particular BWLegal who happen to be incompetent legals

Just wait
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Is the letter titled "Letter before claim" or similar wording?
  • justice17
    justice17 Posts: 13 Forumite
    waamo wrote: »
    Is the letter titled "Letter before claim" or similar wording?

Hi waamo, VCS letter head has title "your account passed to our legal team" and BW Legal just has ...."in relation to the balance due for above PCN"
  • justice17
    Redx wrote: »
    they have sent this out because they have 6 years to issue a court claim, so send out scary letters before the deadline, that is why it has happened

as you say , you need to rebut and refute this as KEEPER (not driver) using the GAN letters posted dozens of times on here, playing ping pong with B W LEGAL

do not ignore this

read the sticky threads and find similar threads over the last 12 months and do the same as they did , similar threads are the PEEL CENTRE , STOCKPORT , and the CHORLTON car park too

as the case is PRE POFA2012 then you stand a good chance of beating this , as POFA came in during oct 2012

Thanks RedX I'll have a search over the weekend and rustle something up to challenge these low life leeches !!

I'm terrible at acronyms what does GAN stand for ??
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Hi waamo, VCS letter head has title "your account passed to our legal team" and BW Legal just has ...."in relation to the balance due for above PCN"

If they are serious about a claim they will title it so. This is just a average scary letter. Sadly it's not even useful if you run out of Andrex.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Thanks RedX I'll have a search over the weekend and rustle something up to challenge these low life leeches !!

I'm terrible at acronyms what does GAN stand for ??

its not an acronym

its a username for a knowledgable member over on pepipoo forums
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    edited 2 June 2017 at 11:32PM
    The letter states that my outstanding balance of £174 has been passed onto BW Legal!
    This sounds like the BWL first letter, it will be followed by a 'final notice' then 'letter of claim'. They may chuck a 'discount offer' letter in their too.
    I was the registered keeper at that time
    So you refer to yourself at all times as 'the keeper' DO NOT at any point say who was driving. They don't know and they can't prove it - that's why they always lose in court. They cannot hold you liable as the keeper.

You don't have to respond at this stage but you would have to reply to the letter of claim.

That said it's not a bad idea to reply to BWL letters denying the debt. Keep it short and to the point.

Dear Sirs,

Re PCN: xxxxxxxx

I refer to your letter dated xxxxxx

The debt is denied. I was not the driver on the date in question.

At the material time there was no law that would allow liability for a private parking charge to be transferred from the driver to the keeper.

This is the end of matter. You are hereby instructed to cease processing my personal data with immediate effect pursuant to section 10 of the Data Protection Act.

Do not contact me again save to confirm your compliance with my instructions, which under the DPA must be received within 21 days.
  • justice17
    Lamilad wrote: »
    This sounds like the BWL first letter, it will be followed by a 'final notice' then 'letter of claim'. They may chuck a 'discount offer' letter in their too.

So you refer to yourself at all times as 'the keeper' DO NOT at any point say who was driving. They don't know and they can't prove it - that's why they always lose in court. They cannot hold you liable as the keeper.

You don't have to respond at this stage but you would have to reply to the letter of claim.

That said it's not a bad idea to reply to BWL letters denying the debt. Keep it short and to the point.

Dear Sirs,

Re PCN: xxxxxxxx

I refer to your letter dated xxxxxx

The debt is denied. I was not the driver on the date in question.

At the material time there was no law that would allow liability for a private parking charge to be transferred from the driver to the keeper.

This is the end of matter. You are hereby instructed to cease processing my personal data with immediate effect pursuant to section 10 of the Data Protection Act.

Do not contact me again save to confirm your compliance with my instructions, which under the DPA must be received within 21 days.

Thank you very much Lamilad, your a star !!!!!! I will send them by email and make sure that I keep copies of them all in my sent items just in case they try to box clever and say that I haven't replied within the 16 days. Then wait for the letter of claim and final demand notices.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    edited 3 June 2017 at 8:11AM
    Thank you very much Lamilad, your a star !!!!!! I will send them by email and make sure that I keep copies of them all in my sent items just in case they try to box clever and say that I haven't replied within the 16 days. Then wait for the letter of claim and final demand notices.

Trust Lamilad, he has already given BWLegal a bloody nose
    and it's his hobby to destroy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family