Working towards being debt free and a new house.

Comments

• dipdap
    dipdap Posts: 6,181
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Good morning diary :)
    Well it's been a week since I first started writing here and my confidence level is still high :j

Had to put the heating on this morning :eek: apparently kids find it hard to eat cereal while wearing 5 jumpers.
    Right, to do list for the day is as follows...

Gloss woodwork in my room
    Paint walls in small room
    Pack up boxes for loft
    Work out spending breakdown for the last week
    Read and subscribe to 5 diaries (I keep reading different ones but then forget where they are)
    Sort meal plan for next week
    Place online shopping order
    Sort voucher folder
    Vacuum lounge seeings as nobody did it for me yesterday

Just noticed it's started raining and my washing is out on the line, meh! School run is going to be a barrel of laughs this morning :D
    Historic Debt August 2009 = £63,600 10th March 2017 = £0 100% paid all gone!
    Mortgage started June 2015 = £170,000 January 2022 = £134,000
    Saving for Xmas 2022= . . Amazon £55
    If you focus on what you have left behind, you won't see what lies ahead - Gusteau
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,133
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Ambassador
    dipdap wrote: »
    Well it's been a week since I first started writing here and my confidence level is still high :j

Had to put the heating on this morning :eek: apparently kids find it hard to eat cereal while wearing 5 jumpers.

This made me chuckle........ :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Right, to do list for the day is as follows...

Gloss woodwork in my room
    Paint walls in small room
    Pack up boxes for loft
    Work out spending breakdown for the last week
    Read and subscribe to 5 diaries (I keep reading different ones but then forget where they are)
    Sort meal plan for next week
    Place online shopping order
    Sort voucher folder
    Vacuum lounge seeings as nobody did it for me yesterday

Just noticed it's started raining and my washing is out on the line, meh! School run is going to be a barrel of laughs this morning :D

I love a good to-do list :T good luck with that, it's going to take a while (5 diaries = time will fly by)

I hope you have a productive day

DB
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • dipdap
    Forumite
    Good morning DB :)
    I do like my lists, usually I never manage to finish them but the thought is there :D
    School run done, house is now silent, just me, the TV and umpteen cups of tea
    Best get this painting started :j
    If you focus on what you have left behind, you won't see what lies ahead - Gusteau
  • dipdap
    Forumite
    Good evening diary :)
    So what has today held for me?
    Well my to do list didn't go to well, I pretty much read it, ignored it and did my own thing (I'm having a rebellious day, muhahahaha!)
    Unfortunately this does mean it carries over to tomorrow.
    So what have I actually got done.

I did start glossing the skirting boards in my room, but this was only after I'd glossed the staircase. Genius moment kicked in and I did it while nobody else was in the house, only problem is it still hadn't dried 5 hours later and one of the kids still managed to put a hand print in it.
    I did nothing else on my list :o I did point out to DH that nobody had done the lounge like I asked, got a huge apology and as I look around the room now it still hasn't been done. I may have to scoop all the toys out which are hiding under the sofa and hide them under his duvet tomorrow :D
    We did manage to put a new hinge on the gate which wasn't on the list so I suppose all is not lost.
    Meal plan still going well, need to start writing next weeks and sort that online shopping out :)

Spending for today...

£13.00 on kids school meals (pre loading PAYG accounts)
    £3.94 on ciggys (DH not me, I'm a good girl :) )
    £0.49 on a bottle of milk

Total spend for the day = £17.43

Not to bad over all today
    The kids have been nagging me to give them money for dinner, one of the accounts I can top up online but it's a minimum of a tenner, hence the high amount.
    Also paid £55 odd off my loan, I like to work with round numbers and the interest had been added on, it bugs me every month if I don't do it :o

Just catching up with bake off before I go bed, must remember not to read too much of the forum before I find out who's won :D
  • dipdap
    Forumite
    Morning diary :)
    Well I've just sat down with a pen and paper and worked out my spending breakdown for the first 7 days of the month

£79.74 groceries
    £42.01 fuel
    £21.50 clubs
    £5.12 on eating out

£28.00 on footy shirts (one of these has now been dispatched, the other may still be cancelled)
    £7.05 on bus fares
    £8.20 on a game
    £26.10 on anti virus (I'm still owed a fiver or so for part of this)
    £92.55 on diy

The bottom part of the list isn't a regular occurrence (although diy will keep popping up for a while)
    Need to try and reign it in for a couple of weeks, pay days still quite a way away :(
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,133
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Ambassador
    dipdap wrote: »

£42.01 fuel

Ah like me, someone else who goes over by a penny at the pump :doh:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • dipdap
    Forumite
    Dobbibill wrote: »
    Ah like me, someone else who goes over by a penny at the pump :doh:

Funny thing was I was sat in the car (as I had to pay for fuel from my bank account) and it showed £41.99 on the pump, so I wound DH up as it wasn't a nice round number.
    :rotfl: at least it made remembering how much was spent on fuel easier :D
  • dipdap
    Forumite
    Forgot to write down my spending breakdown for yesterday

£13.00 on dancing
    £2.93 on some seed for the garden
    £2.78 on milk, bread and cereal bars

Total spend for the day = £18.71
  • dipdap
    Forumite
    Right meal plan for the next week :)

Monday - beans on toast
    Tuesday - gammon & chips
    Wednesday - fish & chips
    Thursday - pizza
    Friday - spag bol
    Saturday - sandwiches (lunch) sausage & chips (tea)
    Sunday - Freezer rummage Sunday (dinner) bacon sambos (tea)
  • dipdap
    Forumite
    edited 25 October 2014 at 4:17PM
    Woohoo, new page, need to write myself a to-do list for the next week :j
    If it's at the top of the page it's harder for me to avoid :D

Finish garden path done
    Weed veggie patch
    Finish painting small room nearly done, just waiting for a replacement part for the filler canister
    [STRIKE]Finish glossing skirting boards in my room[/STRIKE] done :j
    Paint walls in my room
    Finish laying carpet upstairs nearly done, landing and airing cupboard to finish
    Gloss and replace skirting boards in lounge
    Fit carpet trims on all thresholds upstairs getting there, just need to finish carpet
    [STRIKE]Read and subscribe to 5 diaries (5/5)[/STRIKE] done :j
    Sort voucher folder
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback