PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    mardatha

We are going up to Kircudbright on Saturday for a relative's birthday. I have tried telling dds
    and sil to take boots and extra layers of clothing but not sure they believe me.

It is cold down here but nothing compare to what I remember of Scotland. I have spent today stapled to the recliner too and wrapped up some birthday presents.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Elona we were in Kirkcaldy last weeekend... snow until past the Lake District on the way home :)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Oh Fuddle, that's one useful consultation! I hope you feel reassured. I suspect your doc will have to consider whether your asthma meds can be reduced / ditched :T

Well a busy day at work then whispers *the dentist*. Apparently all is well with my gums and teeth, except I still hadn't decided how to permanently fill the gap from the broken tooth last year!
    I've had a false tooth in the meantime :(
    My dentist offered plenty of advice and I have decided to have a Maryland bridge, ie, a fake tooth that is glued to the back of a good tooth by means of a sort of wing, as if it has an arm stretched across the back. This will cost a bit more than my budget but nowhere near as much as an implant :eek:
    They could fit me in for the initial prep tomorrow afternoon and I have Fridays off but we are going to my SIL's about 50 miles away for her birthday lunch so I had to ask for another date........ 16 March. Doh. Oh well, I'll have another month's pay by then!
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • I have one of those MMF, haven't had any problem with it so far, it's been in about a year. It's just strange not being able to floss in between, I use a little brush thing instead.

Just back from DDs, her and BF are away on holiday so I went to make their bed ready for their return. Had a hoover round, cleaned the bathrooms and mopped the floors too. It's always nice to come home to a clean and tidy home. Not sure it needed it but I had time to kill waiting to pick up friend's DS as they are away.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    My goodness Camelot, .I am in awe. If I ever get time to kill, housework doesn't enter into my thinking. Reading, putting on the radio, sitting in a comfy chair contemplating life.........................all are possibilities, but cleaning bathrooms and mopping floors? Not a chance.

It's beautifully sunny today, I've already taken a turn around the patio. The muddy patch masquerading as lawn is not appealing. The windows are open and it's looking good.

I may do a tiny bit of tidying in the garden, 15 minutes at a time is about my limit. On the other hand I may mosey up the road at about the time my friend puts her coffee pot on. We will have to see, won't we?

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Sometimes you get to play the role of a fool to fool the fool who thinks they are fooling you.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 February 2018 at 10:10AM
    Talk of the dentist reminded me I had an appointment in the near future, so I checked....one next Monday afternoon, and another on the Thursday of the following week. One appointment is with the actual dentist, the other with the hygienist, but I've no idea which is which iyswim :D. Just a check-up (hopefully) and a clean.

We're looking after DGD for a while this afternoon - her Dad is taking her brother to the cinema, but as it's a Marvel Superhero film she's not interested in seeing it, so we'll keep her company until her Mum gets home :)

Camelot What a kind thing to do! i bet they really appreciated it :A

monnagran The friend's coffee pot would definitely be my choice....
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Just back from DDs, her and BF are away on holiday so I went to make their bed ready for their return. Had a hoover round, cleaned the bathrooms and mopped the floors too. It's always nice to come home to a clean and tidy home.

We go away in 4 weeks, so if you find yourself at a loose end :whistle: :D

Seriously, we always clean through and then change the bed just before we go away, then cover it with a sheet, as the cats would ruin it otherwise - love coming back to a clean, fresh house - I always said if I won the lottery I would pay someone to change the bed everyday :j
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    That's good to hear, Camelot. Throughout my consultation my dentist kept teling me the bridge could 'ping off', although, she said, many people have no problems with them. Well, I sincerely hope it lasts at least a few years! If I ever come into money I shall have to reconsider an implant. I did think my redundancy money from 2 years ago could pay for it but I seem to be steadily committing that to airfares and staycations :D.

I am finally sleeping OK but still feel very tired much of the time. DH said he felt tired about 2 hours after he got up this morning so he's gone back to bed for 1/2 hour! Perhaps we are fighting an infection because it is very rare that I feel like this. I had also forgotten that as well as lunch out today we are meeting friends for dinner tomorrow evening. Maybe that will do us good.

Cleaning - well I was very pleased to be able to get stuck in for a client yesterday. The house looked OK but when I started I realised there was quite a bit to do to bring it up to my standard, eg, round all the taps needed the toothbrush treatment! I left the place sparkling and later had a message from the client thanking me profusely. I find it a very rewarding job because I can clearly see that I have made a difference :D

Right, am off to make a sugar-free jelly to take to SIL's for my dessert later.
    As I have already lost 3.5lbs of the weight gained I am sticking to the plan to lose a total of 10.5 lbs before 9th March (the date I shall be exchaning belated presents with my friends).
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • I shall be very lazy today, yesterday I cleaned the windows outside and within an hour someone on the next jetty lit their stove and filled it with house coal, my windows were filthy almost immediately.
    I shall get some more logs in soon and then I will sit and read until it is time to collect CHS from work.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I approve Hester. Dirty windows will always be with you, but books need immediate attention.

All my non-plans for this morning hit the buffers as DS2 called in for a chat. He is working just down the road and as DIL has taken the half-termers to the cinema he was on his own for once. It's not often I get my son to myself so wasn't going to miss the opportunity for a heart-heart. He is genetically 100% Irish, so never lost for a word!

He has now gone off to finish putting up his fence and I am filling in the time while my jacket potato cooks. I did consider mopping the bathroom floor but opted for laziness instead.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family