Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• Jo_Twickers
    Jo_Twickers Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    I don't have a smart tv, only my daughter really watches netflix on her phone/tablet. Is there any way I can have it on my tv?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I don't have a smart tv, only my daughter really watches netflix on her phone/tablet. Is there any way I can have it on my tv?

If your TV doesn't have USB inputs then for £69.99 you can get an Amazon Fire TV box which plugs into a HDMI port on the telly, there's multiple Freeview boxes (is it Freeview you use or Freesat?) that will do similar. The £7.99 Netflix sub lets you watch on two simultaneous screens at once so that's fine.
  • Jo_Twickers
    Options
    Thanks, I'll have a look into all that tonight :-)
    :A
  • Jo_Twickers
    Options
    I!!!8217;m really annoyed with Sky! Is it worth calling to complain? I don!!!8217;t think that!!!8217;s fair to up my bill by £9 a month for the same but without kids tv. Plus 18 instead of 12 months contract. Is it worth a last try? Any advice?
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm really annoyed with Sky! Is it worth calling to complain? I don't think that's fair to up my bill by £9 a month for the same but without kids tv. Plus 18 instead of 12 months contract. Is it worth a last try? Any advice?

You don't have any grounds to complain. And if you complain they haven't offered you a better deal, then they will know that you were just fishing for one in the first place, if they don't already. The best deals come to people who Sky genuinely think they will lose as customers. For whatever reason, they don't seem to think you are in that catagory.

Of course it isn't fair. What would be fair would be everyone who has Sky paying the advertised price. So no deals for anyone. The £53 they have offered you is still cheaper than a new customer deal, so that's not really fair on new customers.

Have often have you spoken to them in the last 4 weeks? You may find you're going to have to get cut off to get the better deals now. I don't know if it's still the case, but have you checked My Sky through the website, TV and app? They used to put deals on there as well.
  • Duggz0r
    Duggz0r Posts: 8 Forumite
    Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Got to post this guys!

So a few days ago I decided to cancel my sky account to get the best deal I could from them. After a couple of offers (£55 for Entertainment, HD, Kids Channels, Box Sets, Fibre Unlimited and Line Rental), I finally received a phone call from the 'overseas' department of retentions.

The gentleman who called me, was in such a rush to get me to agree to stay with them, he accidentally offered all of the above for £36 per month...

Naturally I jumped at the offer, after getting him to confirm verbally, twice, that it did indeed include broadband and line rental.

A couple of hours later, I decided to check my emails, only to find that he put the offer through incorrectly, my grand total was going to be £58 per month. Luckily I jumped straight on the phone, spoke to one of their UK based operators, got them to listen to the call and now I'm paying £38 per month! Couldn't argue about £2! All on a 12 month contract too!

Happy flippin days! :money:
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Duggz0r wrote: »
    Got to post this guys!

So a few days ago I decided to cancel my sky account to get the best deal I could from them. After a couple of offers (£55 for Entertainment, HD, Kids Channels, Box Sets, Fibre Unlimited and Line Rental), I finally received a phone call from the 'overseas' department of retentions.

The gentleman who called me, was in such a rush to get me to agree to stay with them, he accidentally offered all of the above for £36 per month...

Naturally I jumped at the offer, after getting him to confirm verbally, twice, that it did indeed include broadband and line rental.

A couple of hours later, I decided to check my emails, only to find that he put the offer through incorrectly, my grand total was going to be £58 per month. Luckily I jumped straight on the phone, spoke to one of their UK based operators, got them to listen to the call and now I'm paying £38 per month! Couldn't argue about £2! All on a 12 month contract too!

Happy flippin days! :money:

A great offer!
  • gunner786
    gunner786 Posts: 259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got offered sky entertainment, box sets, kids & hd for £18. Took it
  • centaurandrew
    Options
    Just got offered the entertainment package, HD, phone and unlimited broadband for £43 per month. Wasn't impressed so cancelled. Will see if they offer anything in the notice period
  • djdk
    djdk Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    So I've been on a pretty good deal for the past 2.5 years, 50% off telly (everything) with free line rental and BB so ~£43 per month. Now thats coming to an end and I need to upgrade to fibre to accomodate working from home, so far have been offered the following...

Fibre Ulimited - £6.01 18 months

Line Rental - £11.39 12 months
    Talk Extra - £2.00 12 months

Entertainment £20
    HD £1
    Box Sets £1
    Kids £1
    Sports £10
    Cinema £10

All for 18 months with Sports HD Free for 12 (then full price)

So just under 20 quid for Fibre and talk for a year, if i can persuade them to extend the line rental and talk offers to finish with the bb offer i feel like thats a good deal, but Im less sure about the telly. What do people think?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback