A whole new world, for now

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,003 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I think I pay over the odds for my dentist because the treatment there has been exceptional but he seems to add in a clean and polish even though there was almost no cleaning needed last time - but am I brave enough to ask him not to do it next time around? :D
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Today I am under time pressure. A client has booked me to deliver training starting at 8.30 for staff who finish at lunchtime today and are off next week. Keeping the audience's attention may be a struggle. Got a few bits and pieces cleared yesterday. Also, after my whinging, my sister came up and departed with 3 bags full of stuff with the remainder to go to the chazza. There was a dodgy moment were she nearly saw something that she'd gifted me that is included in the stuff to go. I don't use it but someone else might. I still feel a bit bad.
    Anyhow today I am grateful for
    Slightly cooler weather
    Being able to afford dS's birthday present
    Clutter decreasing even by a small amount
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • For some reason, our four legged alarm clock gave us a lie in so a later start to the day. Breakfast of potato bread is currently underway. This was on offer yesterday when I popped in to grab some milk and bread but emerged £8 down. My grocery bill for the last 2 weeks has gone out of control and we are playing freezer Tetris.
    Yesterday evening, I tackled a problem spot in the bedroom from which my sister had removed an item. I now have floor and am pathetically grateful for this. Today I want to get a handle on and list my work to dos. I am also reclaiming my living room from the state of chaos to which it has progressed incrementally. I may also buy a new novelty doormat. It costs £7 and £co is offering a £2.50 bonus on spends over a £5. I'll maybe have a rummage and see what change is available to bank.
    Today I am grateful for
    The good weather meaning the usual weekend mountain of laundry does not exist
    DH currently making breakfast
    The gift of a later start from the smiling dog.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • The dog reverted to type this morning and had me up bright and early. Still I got the kitchen cleared up while chucking a ball out from time to time. I also got some prep done for a site visit in Dublin tomorrow. I am going to do some work work this morning to try and get a head start on the week. I am also going to parcel up dS's birthday gift (money has already been transferred) to go in the post tomorrow. Apart from that, just general bits and pieces to try to halt the progression of the house to a tip like status. Yesterday I got 3 bags to the charity shop. Items that will never reappear here which is all to the good. I also got rid of some sauces and dressings that were bbe 2016 or thereabouts. I'm just curious but what do people do with empty watch boxes and jewellery boxes when their contents are stored elsewhere?
    Today I am grateful for
    Bacon and mushroom sarnies
    Access to drugs via the NHS that make life easier
    The community here with whom I can share more than I can in real life
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    All sounding organised for the coming week inod.

Re the empty boxes, have you tried looking at eBay to see if you can get rid of them there? I know empty perfume bottles were selling at one stage.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    3 bags out of the house to the CS is great.
    Glad the dog is back to form :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • So, yesterday was a bit of a write off but 7 items went on the bay! 2 are quite niche and expensive so will be a bit of a longshot if they go. Others will be given away if the don't sell. Today I need to get my !!! into gear but it isn't happening. I'm tired. Partly due to disturbed too warm nights and partly because I seem to have given up on nutrition and exercise. This needs to be addressed.
    Stil no word back from the poorly paying job so a line needs to be drawn. I am continuing to tidy things up but by Wednesday will need some decisions on how other matters will be addressed if I have no more involvement. While cutting ties is no bad thing, I'm annoyed at how this is ending.

Anyhow, today I need full work clothes which includes leg covering. Yuck!
    Right, need to jump in the shower. Today I am grateful for
    A slightly cooler start to the day
    Some resolutions
    A chat with DS
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Well done on the listings!

I get rid of old boxes if I don't use them for storage. I kept my wedding/engagement ring boxes, but then thought 'why?' they are always on my finger. I don't need the boxes any more.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Well that was a weird night. I woke feeling that I was going to be sick. Was afraid that if I went back to sleep, I may have ended up choking so waited about an hour and a half. I am tired and a bit headachey. My tummy has however settled though I've only had a cuppa.

Went to Dublin yesterday and stopped off at a former client for lunch. She had just had a win betting on euro millions so treated me. I then dropped off a letter of condolence and hot footed it back north. I could have visited aldi, etc. but wasn't convinced of what we needed so was restrained. Work meeting went well with realistic checkpoints agreed.

Heard from the nightmare client. They appear to be following my recommended course of action without thinking to tell me that that was what they are doing. Will maybe call in with them today as I will be in the area. I need to visit dh's fav bakery as they close tomorrow for 4 weeks so I need to stock up on the mini pies that he loves and the 6 for £1 bridge rolls that I think are amazing.
    DD is due home today via an 18 hr stopover in Iceland followed by a coach trip from Dublin. Won't she be a happy bunny! The dog however will be delighted.
    Today I am grateful for
    Bids on 2 eBay items. Things that will depart from this house once and for all
    DH getting DS's birthday parcel that includes Percy pigs and gingers of fudge into the post
    A catch up over a free to me lunch with a lovely friend
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hope that today goes well.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback