Debt Free By 2020

Comments

• I don't think a season ticket loan counts as debt. You are not planning to pay off early and presumably it comes direct out of your salary. £250 per month :eek::eek::eek:

Is that London area?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • debtfreeby2020_3
    debtfreeby2020_3 Posts: 94 Forumite
    edited 27 February 2018 at 6:55PM
    It certainly is. I commute from Aylesbury to West Ruislip everyday. It is a London Zones 5-6 ticket, which is actually cheaper than West Ruislip. Bizarre. The whole set up makes me sick. Massive chunk of my wages disappears on commuting.

To make my anxiety even worse the shower has leaked through the living room ceiling. I have had to take an emergency day off work. I have told my landlord but she lives in Cheshire. What else is this day going to chuck at me?
    Emergency Fund: £300.01/£1000 (30%) March NST: 2/18 NSDs
    Tesco Loan: £3,877/£5000 Barclaycard: £3149.99/£3169.79
  • As predicted, my landlord has been as much use as a chocolate teapot. My boss was understanding and allowed me the day off. I rushed to B&Q to buy a plunger and a plumber's snake to see if there was a blockage - £15 out of pocket. The plunger did absolutely nothing - the cup was too small to have any suction (at least I have a plunger now, I suppose). I had slightly more success with the plumber's snake. I pushed it into the drain as far as it would go and it pulled out some old mastic (that cement stuff). The shower didn't drain instantly but when I came back all the water had gone. Maybe I have fixed it? I will speak to the local handyman (he's useless too but that's another story) and get him to bill the landlord.

I have a budget meeting with hubby this evening. I managed to pin him down when he was half asleep and he agreed. Wish me luck!
  • pidge04
    pidge04 Posts: 792 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You sound determined and that is so positive!
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • Hi Pidge. Thanks for commenting! I am very determined indeed. Had enough of feeling broke all the time. What stage of debt free journey are you on?
  • Hang on in there. it won't be long. i heard a great quote on the debt free scream the other night.....which is more painful? The pain of discipline or the pain of regret.

You'll have no regrets and it's not forever :) we're all on the scrimping journey with you.
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
  • foxyloxy11 wrote: »
    Hang on in there. it won't be long. i heard a great quote on the debt free scream the other night.....which is more painful? The pain of discipline or the pain of regret.

You'll have no regrets and it's not forever :) we're all on the scrimping journey with you.

Thanks lovely. At this stage, it feels so far away. I am sure I will feel better tomorrow. Payday always cheers me up! I make all my payments straight away.
  • MeenaM
    MeenaM Posts: 320 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hello ! sorry to hear about the water leak! that kind of thing freaks me out hope it gets sorted quick and you don't spend any more of your own money on it . It's good you've got hubby to agree to a budget meeting , good luck with it. Things have come to a bit of head here i have told mine we need to talk and get on the same page as i can't go on like this as it is driving me nuts and i cant stand all the stress on my shoulders and us not working as a team.

your plan re the emergency fund sounds a good idea as does the paying off the CC first, its great that already you are seeing the benefit as you've not had to go into debt for your funeral travel , i have also got a partly funded emergency , thanks to you i have got on the every dollar site and done my zero balance budget , it takes some getting used to doesn't it? I am not working tomorrow so will have a proper play with it then
    i hope your hubby sleeps better tonight ,
    i love payday too! yay!
    paid off £27,527.47 debt free journey began Nov 2017 DEBT FREE 13.09.2019!! EF £3500/£5000
  • MeenaM
    Debt-free and Proud!
    foxyloxy11 wrote: »
    Hang on in there. it won't be long. i heard a great quote on the debt free scream the other night.....which is more painful? The pain of discipline or the pain of regret.

:T here here!
    paid off £27,527.47 debt free journey began Nov 2017 DEBT FREE 13.09.2019!! EF £3500/£5000
  • MeenaM
    Debt-free and Proud!
    It certainly is. I commute from Aylesbury to West Ruislip everyday. It is a London Zones 5-6 ticket, which is actually cheaper than West Ruislip. Bizarre. The whole set up makes me sick. Massive chunk of my wages disappears on commuting.

To make my anxiety even worse the shower has leaked through the living room ceiling. I have had to take an emergency day off work. I have told my landlord but she lives in Cheshire. What else is this day going to chuck at me?

I wouldnt call that debt i would call that your transport "outgoings"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure