IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ace Security Services CN

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    arms lengh , but effectively owned by counsil , and not private land
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I agree, an ALMO ownership = not relevant land.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ts22
    ts22 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Excuse my knowledge I believe Lewisham homes yes
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    so is it private land or land owned by the counsil (who lewisham homes are an arms lengh company running the site) , are there yellow lines , no entries signs etc that are enforced or WHERE enforced by the counsil?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    I would ignore them and come back here if they try a small claim. And complain to Lewisham Homes assertively. Good example threads where residents and responded VERY assertively to the PPC and the landowner, are by:

Daniel San
    infernouk
    hairray

Read them. No links. Go find them, it's good forum practice!

and read the Judge's decision this week, in PACE v Lengyel, as I already linked (the actual judgment).
  • ts22
    Hi, sorry im not entirely sure. if i provide details as follows;

the estate is "Crossfields Estate" in "Deptford".
    My partner tenancy agreement is along the lines of;
    "This tenancy agreement is made between the Council of the London Borough of Lewisham.
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Council of the London Borough of Lewisham.
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Interesting, so they are trying to run their car parks as if they were private land. Not allowed:

http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php?topic=4512.msg29210#msg29210

ts22, you will need to get your head around that, and read the three threads I mentioned, and read PACE v Lengyel. You will soon be up to speed!
  • ts22
    just abit of an undate or lack of.

well since that original post, i had actually been fined a second time and whilst asleep my partner decided to pay both fines which well i wasn't pleased about.

anyways, in the last week ive been fined an additional two times and well, this time whilst shes at work i will appeal and if it goes to court, and i win, i will ask for the money back from the previous two charges as they are under the same grounds.

An interesting note, I did call Ace and said "how can you fine me for parking in that land when its not private land and is owned by council and run by lewisham homes"

and his reply was

"it is private land, its owned by the council so if you enter into an estate it is private land"

to which i replied

"well we have two complete different points of view so lets leave it there".

so yeah, thats my update for now. I've still been doing alot of reading but I guess partly it is an uncomfortable process but i will do that now.

Any responses will be much appreciated.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 23 July 2017 at 12:31AM
    OMG what a mess, can she send me some money too, seeing as your partner likes to send money to anyone who asks, whether there is reason to or not? I would like £200, please!!

Also (if you really believe you MUST display a permit, if you have agreed to a scheme that is pointless for residents) why have you not simply stuck the permit to the dashboard, e.g. by keeping Blutack in the glovebox for that purpose? You need never get a PCN.

Why have you not complained to your USELESS Managing Agents for allowing this nasty firm to harass and make demands with menaces, from residents. Why did you agree to a parking firm/permit scheme? The Residents will all be targeted and you appear to have agreed to it, and this will be your life from now on, dodging a scammer and hoping your partner doesn't pay the scumbags again.

This firm has NO PLACE near your cars at your own home.

Complain to the Managing Agents but please read some threads first, here you go, this is what you should have done:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5588292

That's a true example of how to stamp out the scam of a residential 'parking scheme'.

Also, if you think the roadway might actually be Council land, you could also try doing what I told this poster to do:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5683544
    if it goes to court, and i win, i will ask for the money back from the previous two charges as they are under the same grounds.
    It doesn't work like that and I have no idea why the heck you rang them up and told them who was driving, when you have been on this forum for over a month with plenty of opportunity to learn that paying private PCNs and/or phoning the scumbag firms up, are absolutely NOT the thing to do.

You can lead a horse to water...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure