Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    Tweets so sorry to hear about your mums fall. Hope she is. As comfortable as can be. So nice if the man helping her . so many people now days walk away.
    Look after yourself xxx
  • MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    tweets wrote: »
    Morning .

Fireworks started when got settled in bed last night so not happy was nearly midnight before Poppy settled proper.

So much for time off work I am tired .

Sorry if I been quiet :(

Got phone call just as tea was nearly ready Friday strange mobile answered it. Man telling me mum had fell (she had been on way home from town and nearly home) on her face he said she was complaining sore neck and had bad cut on nose. He was with his wife who happened to be a nurse.

They had phoned for ambulance but got told there was a 4-5 hour wait :mad:

Man asked if I could get to A&E soon as they where taking her. I said yes and A next door took me. Gets to hospital worrying about mum and worrying about Poppy who was locked in kitchen with no noise I don't possess radio etc.

Gets to mum she had fallen face first on wet leaves :mad:

Was at hospital til nearly 10pm I think sorry not sure ,

Outcome to that mums nose wasn't bad but she as broken a bone in her neck confirmed after a scan :(

She still in hospital with her neck in a plastic neck thing and she having another scan Monday.

I got home starving and opened kitchen door Poppy flew out to me she was petrified I found out yesterday fireworks had been going off :mad:

Went mums yesterday Saturday to pick some stuff clothes towel etc for mum and took them to the hospital. She seemed better than she did Friday when I saw her.

I told her no way was I visiting last night nor tonight . Bro :mad: least I tell you about him the better put it this way we not close and I am not a violent person but he needs a good slap . He visited last night after leaving work early.

Visiting is open so can go anytime. I will visit mum after work tomorrow and every day after. Glad visiting is open because my work is nearer hospital then my house . Yesterday I was tired hardly slept Friday was up around 4ish yesterday. Had a bit better sleep last night but still feel tired.

DS was on stand by to yesterday to travel from Liverpool if bro :mad: couldn't visit mum last night. Bro and his gf (who got car) visiting this afternoon/evening, They will call here but have to go home tonight they both have work tomorrow,

Sorry if this doesn't make sense but tears are streaming down my face writing it.

AJ knows full story if it doesn't make sense think she will amend accordingly for you :o

tweets, a very big hug for you. Take care. xx
  • TrulyMadly wrote: »
    You are right sc and when you start factoring in other "familiar " numbers into the mix....such as birthdays etc it becomes less of a coincidence.

There's a book on this I need to read:)

My brother and I (who live about as far apart as you can get on this planet, he's in NZ south) became grandparents on the same day within hours of each other, and his DD and my DD each had boys, one was early, one was late and their original dates were about 2 weeks apart.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Nannylala wrote: »
    Ah bless you tweets what a lot you have been through ...hope Mum will be okay and couldn't have happened at a worse time for you ..take care :Aand sending you huge Nannylala hug and a nice :coffee: x

Thank you :) Sorry disappeared but I got my coffee and warmed it in micro thanks Nannylala . I have been mums flat with our Poppy sorting mums fridge out fetched some stuff home and put some in her freezer.
    cjj wrote: »
    Morning all, hope everyone's we!!.

You have had a right time of it tweets, trying to sort out your Mum just when Poppy needed you the most. Well done for getting through a tough weekend on your own, hope things soon improve with your Mum. Hugs xx

Thank you :)
    ROCKINGHAM wrote: »
    Oh Tweets Wanna jump in the car and get up there to look after you and Poppy. Sending you huge hugs xx

• tweets
    altojack wrote: »
    Hey tweets, you've done a grand job there and after all those tears fall away I bet you now feel a lead weight has been lifted from your shoulders, doesn't it?

If not I'll get the blame as I told tweets to tell you all as it would take a load off. I hope it has worked sweetheart xx

You have been an :A and glad you was on other end of the phone when I wasn't on laptop . Think if you hadn't me and Poppy would have been in bottom block them men in white coats would have been a knocking at door :D
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Oh poor tweets try not to get too upset these things happen and she s in a safe place now being looked after. It's annoying about family is n t it .It seems the ones that do less are more thought of .:o

Mum knows exactly what bro is like and is :mad: like I am with him.
    Morning luvlies

tweets so sorry to hear about all you've been through, bless you. Hope your mum gets better soon and your bro doesn't upset you :).

Bro doesn't upset me as such he annoys me with stuff he says :mad:
  • tweets
    Yes, me too. What a nightmare of a weekend.

Tweets, do try to relax as much as possible today.

Hope your mum recovers quickly. She is in safe hands with 24-hour care, so you must get a good rest while you can. xx

bubbs wrote: »
    Hope ypu got it sorted x

Perky glad yo are feeling better , my nose and head feels better today too

tweets, so sorry about your mum , try and rest , she is in the best place also poor poppy apart from fireworks bet she misses your mum too xx

Poppy was running all around mums flat looking for her when we went earlier and making funny moaning noise. I told her Nana wasn't there she poorly in hospital and if I could I would have taken her to visit :)
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone.

How awful.

Sorry we had a memory foam mattress, was told it was supposed to keep you warm in the winter, cooler in the summer, paid nearly £2 000.00 for it and it was the worst mattress I ever had, my son has it now, as only managed with it for about a year, we were sweating buckets every night, we couldnt get on with it. Sorry no use to you.

Tweets, sorry to hear about your mum, wishing her a speedy recovery.

• trulymadly wrote: »
    daisy lowe splits up with boyfriend blaming long hours spent practicing on strictly partner......

Hmmmmm........

:d

:d

;)
  • tweets
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    So sorry to hear what has been going on tweets. Hope your mum is ok x

Good morning all, lovely blue sky out there.

As for the mattress - please go round trying them out. I was all set to get a memory foam mattress but tried them out and they felt horrible. Ended up with a pillow topped mattress, lovely and comfy :D

Tweets, sorry about your mum, hope things improve quickly and she doesn't get too wound up being in hospital xx

TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Oh tweets....bless you:A

Try not to waste any emotion on your brother....it'll just drain you. Put him out of your mind and concentrate on yourself first. If you don't look after yourself there will be no one to look after mam and poppy. So try and keep life "normal" as best you can. Eat well and try and get some rest and fit in the hospital visits when you can.

I know how much you love Poppy and how guilty you feel leaving her but the fireworks should be nearly over for another year.....it stresses you out as much as poppy :o
    Thinking of you first and foremost but hoping mam makes a full and speedy recovery x

Annoys me how bro always seem to be goody two shoes when something happens with mum. Mum got him sussed she also :mad: But if nothing wrong he hardly bothers and I never hear from him :mad:
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ♥ tweets ♥ warmest ♥
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    :)

The sofa has gone :T
    And the weird coincidental thing is the lady who had it, has sat on it before when it belonged to Parents.
    I know her Grandparents :T they are from same village as Parents :D
    Small world & so pleased it has gone to right person :)
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure