IPA query

Hi all,

I’m entering the last 6 months of my IPA and I’m wondering if I’ll hear anything back from my IP.

Bit of a strange one with me was about 2 year A ago they said I no longer have to contribute to anything anymore and they have released me from their books. I obviously queried what this meant and was told by my IP that there was nothing more for me to do.

Will I receive a letter saying that it’s completely over?

Regards

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,711
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    I don't think you get anything to say your IPA has ended.

I think, although not 100% sure, you don`t even get a discharge certificate from your bankruptcy unless you ask for one, and i believe they charge you £70 for this service.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Yeah I didn!!!8217;t get one of them. I just printed off the page of the London Gazette that said I was discharged
  • elljay
    elljay Posts: 1,010
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    My IPA finished in December 2017 and for the last 6 months or so I didn't pay anything as my income had decreased. The IPA was still in existence though, it was just nil. I didn't receive anything from either the OR or Clarke Wilmott when the 3 years were up.

As far as BR discharge notification is concerned, you can get a free confirmation by emailing Discharge.Queries@insolvency.gsi.gov.uk. Include your name, address, dob, NI no and BR number. They send it back as a pdf. I've found this useful to have. You could have had this anytime since your bankruptcy year was over, even if still tied to an IPA.

Lovely not to have an IPA hanging over me at last.

EJ
  • PaulL2
    PaulL2 Posts: 47 Forumite
    Yeah I didn!!!8217;t get one of them. I just printed off the page of the London Gazette that said I was discharged

Was this recently? Or a special case? I wasn't aware they did this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure