And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Comments

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Happy Hump Day:p, the weekend's officially in sight:j

Had a good day at work, busy but productive and no major blips. Did a (very cold) after school club and finished my marking so I was late home but at least I had nothing to do once I got there!

In money news I still have £94 pending on tcb:mad: It's taking a mighty long time to pay out, beginning to wonder if it ever will.
    All but one of my eBay auctions have finished, £89 for the os pot if they all pay up :j:j. This included the cs dress i bought for £2 specifically to sell which sold for £9.99 :j. I'm definitely going to look out for more next time I'm having a rummage.

I've also had my 5th consecutive nsd:)

I've missed my class tonight (no instructor:mad:) but at least I've not had to rush around and got to have dinner with the kids:)

Other mfw successes included;

Dd hoovered and mopped upstairs and down :A

EBay packages done and labeled to post tomorrow

PC jambalaya for dinner (10 mins to cook :j), lo for lunch and predictably porridge for breakfast:)

Laundry done and on the airer

Lo packed up for lunch plus 6 portions for the freezer.

Lo sliced turkey, Yorkshire puddings, roast veg and roast potatoes defrosting for a quick assembly roast dinner tomorrow.

Bathroom cleaned.

I'm going to get to bed nice and early with my book, bliss :)

Happy Wednesday to you :)

PP xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • That's an incredibly productive day PP. I can't believe how quick the weeks go, even faster for me when today isn't just hump day but my 'friday eve' as weeks s last 4 days here with Pickle not a the Childminder Fridays or Mondays.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • museumworker
    museumworker Posts: 2,240
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well done on the eBay sales, and the HM Mother's Day gifts sound really thoughtful. Fingers crossed TCB pay up soon!
    Mortgage [STRIKE]16/03/2011: £190K 01/01/2017: £107,729.65 [/STRIKE] 01/07/2017: £95,979.89
    OPs 2011-2016 = £45K 2017 OPs = £9250.20
  • pinkypig
    Forumite
    That's an incredibly productive day PP. I can't believe how quick the weeks go, even faster for me when today isn't just hump day but my 'friday eve' as weeks s last 4 days here with Pickle not a the Childminder Fridays or Mondays.

Time certainly flies when your life is divided into half termly chunks:). Hope you enjoyed your 'Friday ' night!
    Well done on the eBay sales, and the HM Mother's Day gifts sound really thoughtful. Fingers crossed TCB pay up soon!

Hi MW :wave: eBay is a bit of a faff but needs must at the moment. Its the packaging I don't like, it takes ages!
    Hope you and yoiurs are well, it sounds like you've been crazy busy:)
  • pinkypig
    Forumite
    I've had a bit of a day and I'm jiggered:( My car is fixed but feel a bit :eek: about having driven it as it turns out it wasn't very safe to drive after all :eek: it was £350 which blows this month's chance of mop but at least the money is saved and the car is safe again and has two spanking new tyres too :). It was also repaired quickly and I'm so grateful to have found such and honest and helpful meoutchanic as I know nothing about cars . He's fab:A

In other news all eBay items have been paid for except one (the most expensive one obviously:rotfl:) and posted. I've got one non payer from last week so I suppose I'd best cancel the order and re-list the item.
    Whilst waiting to collect the car I had a Cs rummage at my favourite warehouse and found some clothes that I'm hoping will sell well. As they only charge £2 and item there is scope for a bit of profit. Today I found two pure silk Monsoon tops, a Laura Ashley summer skirt,a Jigsaw jumper, an evening cardie/shrug thing from Debenhams, a pure silk Ted Baker evening top, a M&S boys suit and a Rocha John Rocha wraparound smock top :money: The only trouble is most were in my size and I love them :o. So,three items for sale and the rest for me:). I also got 3 new box sets and two Davina wortkout dvds (for nasty, cold days) a large jug for custard and a rather excellent book:). Greying Pilgrim is a fab vegetarian cook and foodie and she's mentioned recipies by Rose Elliot on her thread over on DFW and today i found Rose's Vegetarian Cookery book for 50p:j. I've not read it properly but it looks ace, loads of info and tons of new recipes. Really looking forward to reading at the weekend:). So, £14 of personal spends gone:eek: but really please with what I got and £6 spent on my little side hustle.
    I did the food shop on my way home and remembered my list this week! £21.01 which included a stock up of lentils as HB haven't had any for ages and chickpeas as Aldi haven't had any for a fortnight and we eat loads! Pleased with this as its under my new squeaky budget and I need to be now I've had my car bill:(

Other mfw successes included;

Spent 40p on bananas in M&S using my new cc to get my extra £5 voucher. I get £30 for taking it out plus another £20 if I spend £100 on it in March. I'm going to use it for food and fuel this month to get my vouchers then it'll be paid off in full and I'll go back to my CBC.

Porridge for breakfast, lo jambalaya for lunch and lo odds and ends from the freezer that made up a roast dinner.

Spin class done and ran to collect my car from the garage - probably why I'm knackered:rotfl:

Daily wipe and swipe done, sink shined, bins emptied.

Whites wash done and horrible school shirts ironed:mad:

Off for a much needed early night!

Nearly the weekend folks :j

PP xx
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Clothes sound ace, no reason you shouldn't keep them all for yourself (bar the suit :D) at those bargainous prices :j.
    pinkypig wrote: »
    . Greying Pilgrim is a fab vegetarian cook and foodie and she's mentioned recipies by Rose Elliot on her thread over on DFW and today i found Rose's Vegetarian Cookery book for 50p:j. I've not read it properly but it looks ace, loads of info and tons of new recipes. Really looking forward to reading at the weekend:).
    Use your chick peas to make the chick pea tagine with fruity couscous :T. The sweet potato & coconut dahl is lovely as well, and the omelette canneloni (though to be fair that's a pretty common recipe).

Am hungry now :o.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • pinkypig
    Forumite
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Clothes sound ace, no reason you shouldn't keep them all for yourself (bar the suit :D) at those bargainous prices :j.
    Use your chick peas to make the chick pea tagine with fruity couscous :T. The sweet potato & coconut dahl is lovely as well, and the omelette canneloni (though to be fair that's a pretty common recipe).

Am hungry now :o.
    Thanks Gally, much appreciated:D

The suit was lovely, just a bit short in the leg:rotfl:
  • pinkypig
    Forumite
    Lovely,chilled start to the weekend. Friday night was easy freezer tagine and a bit of wine (hence no post:o) followed by a bit of a lie in with coffee and a book.
    Had an 'invigorating' rainy run followed by a day of pottering, reading and a little snooze:p
    Tonight's plans are a thrifty stay at home dinner, another bottle of wine followed by curling up on the sofa with a box set. Perfect:D

No money news other than a nsd :j

Hope your having a good one

PP xx
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Perfect indeed, except we need to know what colour the wine was :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • pinkypig
    Forumite
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Perfect indeed, except we need to know what colour the wine was :)

Always red Karma :). Hope you've had a good weekend too xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback