Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Comments

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Apologies for being a bit late, but catching up. "Out of debt, out of danger" is a fantastic phrase whcih i think i will be storing in my memory banks! Perfect one for Mrs SJ!!
    beanielou wrote: »
    Good to see you :wave:

Yes, out of debt, out of danger really resonated with me.

Well, he's been dead 46 years, but I'm sure he'd be glad to still be helping people.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,445
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Ambassador
    So sorry you have lost your dear friend.:( I think losing loved ones always makes us re evaluate what is important so I am not surprised you have been thinking what is this MSE malarkey all for.

In the end of course it is not just secure finances which matter but our health and happiness too. I do think though that having little or no debt or at least manageable debt keeps us from stressing which impacts on health and happiness too. It also means that you are in the best place should your income drop suddenly for any reason in that your bills are more affordable.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    I am very sorry to hear about your friend Beanie, I too find sorting out personal stuff is melancholy - not the fun of decluttering. I hope you feel more on an even keel soon.

XXX
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    I am very sorry to hear about your friend Beanie, I too find sorting out personal stuff is melancholy - not the fun of decluttering. I hope you feel more on an even keel soon.

XXX

Thank you xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    So sorry you have lost your dear friend.:( I think losing loved ones always makes us re evaluate what is important so I am not surprised you have been thinking what is this MSE malarkey all for.

In the end of course it is not just secure finances which matter but our health and happiness too. I do think though that having little or no debt or at least manageable debt keeps us from stressing which impacts on health and happiness too. It also means that you are in the best place should your income drop suddenly for any reason in that your bills are more affordable.

This is what it is all about for me.
    I am so frightened of this that it is my biggest fear.
    Because of my disability I have limited ways of getting other income.
    Thanks for popping in :A
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,979
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I was so sorry to read about your friend, really shakes one up when someone passes suddenly. It is the anniversary of my DF's death this week, will never forget taking that phone call from my DB out of the blue.

One of those situations that takes some getting to grips with, so much better for our loved ones to go like that, but so hard for the ones left.

Take care and remember the happy times.x
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    maddiemay wrote: »
    I was so sorry to read about your friend, really shakes one up when someone passes suddenly. It is the anniversary of my DF's death this week, will never forget taking that phone call from my DB out of the blue.

One of those situations that takes some getting to grips with, so much better for our loved ones to go like that, but so hard for the ones left.

Take care and remember the happy times.x

Thank you for your wise words.
    Appreciated xx

• beanielou
    Ambassador
    Woke up early.
    I am tired before thr day has even bugun.

Have a good day lovely readers.

• Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Beanielou

Sending love and hugs, sorry to hear about your friend and I think it hits us harder each time.

I am going to my Aunts funeral Friday she was hail and hearty 82 until falling down the stairs sustaining too many injuries

I think out of danger out of debt is a really mindful quote. My aunt manta was banking memories and this also is import as her husband died 26 years ago.

When my Mum died 18 years ago I thought what!!!8217;s the point about worrying about debt and I did things to make memories or was that to block away the pain of loss. I got into a lot of debt.

That!!!8217;s why we have a credit card debt ( zero rated) which is much to high for my liking it!!!8217;s going down balanced with still doing things within reason....

Beanielou, you will achieve being mortgag3 free, you have the tenacity and just now not OP but meeting your monthly payments is to be rejoiced xxxxx

Ps OH is going to the PO this afternoon........
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Thanks bubbles.
    You are right as always.
    Bit thanks to your OH :grin:
    Can I please send you some pennies for the postage?
    How are you? xxx

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback