Bankruptcy order ignored by CEL resulting in CCJ

Comments

• As @forgotmyname says, why not apply for a set aside @ £255 and use the information on here for all CEL CCJ's. The SA hearing will remove it {more than likely} and you may even get the £255 back. They don't fight set-asides or apply for rehearings.

Use court and not words.

So if I was to get this set aside, could there be a possibility of me having the PPC cancel the fine if successfully defended / appealed? I stayed around 30 minutes over a 2 hour time in a KFC car park, ignored (and disposed of) all correspondence as I was wrongly advised my numerous people who did not realise the laws regarding PPC had changed. The only letters I have kept are:

Wright & Hassal formal letter of claim 12/12/2016
    Civil Enforcement LTD particulars of claim stating the issue has been issued at the CCBC 07/04/2017
    CCBC claim form 07/04/2017
    Judgement in default from CCBC 08/05/2017
  • I also forgot to mention in the OP, the letter was sent via recorded signed for delivery, which was signed for the very next day so I have proof of receipt.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,634
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I am currently not working and claiming Universal Credit, so would I be entitled to any financial help ?

Yes it sounds like it, as you are on that benefit (lack of income/savings should mean you are eligible):

https://www.gov.uk/get-help-with-court-fees

So you need form N244 (to apply to the court to set aside the CCJ) and to apply for fee remission.

The NEWBIES thread at the top of the forum, has a section in the second post about how to set aside this trash. Show us your draft Witness Statement that you come up with, to accompany your N244.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • debt_doctor
    debt_doctor Posts: 4,595
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi,

Did you respond to the court forms before you got the CCJ?

DD
    Debt Doctor, Debt caseworker, Citizens' Advice Bureau .
    Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***
  • Rscott93
    Rscott93 Posts: 51
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Yes it sounds like it, as you are on that benefit (lack of income/savings should mean you are eligible):

So you need form N244 (to apply to the court to set aside the CCJ) and to apply for fee remission.

The NEWBIES thread at the top of the forum, has a section in the second post about how to set aside this trash. Show us your draft Witness Statement that you come up with, to accompany your N244.

Really pleased I came across this forum earlier, seems like it is a great community full with helpful people. With regards to the N244, would I need to pay it then apply for some fees back? Or would the help with court fees form cover it all?
  • Rscott93
    Forumite
    Hi,

Did you respond to the court forms before you got the CCJ?

DD

Hi debt doctor. No I did not reply to anything, I ignored all correspondence until I was advised about the case going to the county court, that is when I advised my OR and they wrote to CE LTD advising them of my bankruptcy. I DID LOG IN to put in a defence (I think I only got as far as extending it so the date was 28 days instead of 14, then didn't write a defence).
    The only direct correspondence I have given is the letter I have written and sent them last month.
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    Rscott93 wrote: »
    Really pleased I came across this forum earlier, seems like it is a great community full with helpful people. With regards to the N244, would I need to pay it then apply for some fees back? Or would the help with court fees form cover it all?

Use the link I gave you, it explains your options. I don't think you have to pay up front.
  • Rscott93
    Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Use the link I gave you, it explains your options. I don't think you have to pay up front.

Awesome, just with regards to getting it set aside, what would I use as the reason?
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    The one you explained to us.
  • Rscott93
    Forumite
    Super helpful. Thank you.

I will complete a N244 and a help with court fees form tomorrow. I will also check the post you mentioned and come back with my draft.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure