Journey planning (specifically Trains and timetables)

long story short l have my trains booked, however lm looking for an app to help me further, basically when l booked through the trainline before it gave me pretty much told me exactly what platforms l needed to be at and when l had to catch my connections.

essentially lm looking for that kind of capability and the ability to save my journey, because its a pain using the trainline app to lookup if you havent booked through them. the plan is to simplify my trip so much so that l dont need to waste time visiting customer services to find out where l need to be.

Comments

• Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    And which country is this?
  • timeless
    timeless Posts: 113 Forumite
    UK obviously.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    National Rail
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,521 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    National Rail live departure boards website.

For more accurate info on actual train running times on the day. Realtimetrains.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    timeless wrote: »
    UK obviously.

When did the UK become a foreign country?
  • pogofish wrote: »
    When did the UK become a foreign country?

I think it comes under the "Travel Planning" part of the forum title.
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • elverson
    elverson Posts: 808 Forumite
    Allocated platforms can change day to day, so it's best to check the departure board at the station.

Also don't bother using the Trainline as they charge avoidable booking fees.
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,079 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'm currently travelling on a train from Paddington and they didn't know which platform the train was leaving from until 5 minutes before it was due to depart so my advice is not to rely on the information you manage to obtain.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Neil49 wrote: »
    I'm currently travelling on a train from Paddington and they didn't know which platform the train was leaving from until 5 minutes before it was due to depart so my advice is not to rely on the information you manage to obtain.

The information may not have been displayed until 5 minutes before departure but that doesn't necessarily mean the station doesn't know what platform it'll be on long before that. The same happened to me at Euston last week, but the Virgin website was showing the correct platform several hours before the train was due to depart.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure