What's the view from your window at work?

Comments

• A busy town centre. I frequently see minor crashes, fender benders at 2 busy junctions. Traffic jams when people block yellow boxes.
    I can people watch all day if I wish as my desk and PC are angled towards the window.
    Horns blaring at least 20 times a day as people don't realise how the filter lights work, and a fire station behind us so my phone conversations get drowned out by the sirens.
    Mortgage = [STRIKE]£113,495 (May 2009)[/STRIKE] £67462.74 Jun 2019
  • A busy town centre. I frequently see minor crashes, fender benders at 2 busy junctions. Traffic jams when people block yellow boxes.
    I can people watch all day if I wish as my desk and PC are angled towards the window.
    Horns blaring at least 20 times a day as people don't realise how the filter lights work, and a fire station behind us so my phone conversations get drowned out by the sirens.

And i thought Deer Barking was bad....:D
  • ReadingTim
    ReadingTim Posts: 3,970 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    nicechap wrote: »
    You'd be having a very bad Christmas party if I was there.

Maybe see the trouble others have got into by posting pictures of their workplaces before jumping to conclusions.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5694664

Ah yes, that thread....which, I think you'll find wasn't really about a photo was it - round about the 5th page of posts it gets to the point about "phallic gestures" (ie matey boy giving a customer the finger). Have a read of it before jumping to conclusions eh?!?:rotfl:
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    The sky, occasionally blue. No windows just skylights.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,453 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    ReadingTim wrote: »
    Well, you're a barrel of laughs aren't you? With lines like that, I bet everyone wants to be near you at the office Christmas party. :rotfl:

It's actually a valid question. Many employers won't allow staff to use cameras in the workplace.
  • Up to a week ago I had a lovely view of the Yorkshire countryside.

Now I have been moved, my view is of a datacentre full of servers - looks a bit like the sight when you go up an escalator in a supermarket and can see the tops of the aisles.

Fab
  • View over the local town, railway line, canal - and woods across the valley. Great view.

OH, on the other hand, doesn't have a window at all.
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
  • melanzana
    melanzana Posts: 3,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    This brings me back!

My office looked out over a courtyard with a wall at the back facing me on the street side, if you can picture that.

Well it was the most hilarious thing, as the pigeons and various other birds used to gather on top of the wall and FORNICATE for our amusement. God how I laughed when having a meeting in my room, and the inevitable would happen.

Good memories of that place.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    It's the same as the view from my living room but a bit higher up.
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Fun or not, I'm going to repeat the comment already made which someone didn't like. Posting photographs of your workplace with comments (or without them) is a wildly foolish thing to do. People have been dismissed for much less. This is social media. Have you checked your policy recently?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure