Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    I'll just off load my dreadful news

My sister has lumps in her neck.
    Over a 3 month period starting with Drs, then hospital scan, biopsy, another scan booked for this Friday... no results...
    Yesterday she was called out of the blue into see Consultant - she has cancerous lymph glands.
    He is pretty certain it is secondary cancer.
    She has to go to Cardiff on Monday for a full body scan to see where (or hopefully not) the primary cancer is ..
    Going forward is an op to remove glands, then chemo or radio therapy.
    It has been sinking in all day, Poor Mum & Dad are floundering... I know Dad has blood cancer but that seems in a different league to this.
    This is my little sister...

I know others here have suffered & are suffering, and it is all new to us as a family, I hope you won't mind me asking stuff I don't understand?

apologies xxx

Snap you certainly have no need to apologise. So sorry to hear your news. I can't offer any advice, only plenty of support and positive thoughts. ((Hugs))

Good morning Elite.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • pacifica9 wrote: »
    Yes Di. You can only claim the last three. Is your oldest APG small enough to abandon?

It's for £16 so I'll be patient. I'll just need to place my order for 1st April I think so I don't lose my vouchers, thank you.

Snap........ I don't know what to say but you are a strong family , be there for each other....... for me this was the hardest part, the waiting and the unknown as soon as they know what they are dealing with its all systems go and the support network is second to none. Ask away if you have any questions.
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Good morning Elite :hello:

So life has changed, never to be the same again. My baby at the age of 27 has fledged. My stash has depleated :eek: the freezer looks slimmer :eek: and the Bank of M&D took a pounding :cool: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I can't remember a week like it, I'm sure my other three fledged much easier than this but there again the Bank of M&D took poundings then too :o.

So our weekend was quiet during the early hours of Saturday and Sunday, no drunken feet stumbled up the stairs :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: we slept right through if I remember rightly :D
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • braveheart60uk
    braveheart60uk Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    CoS 50p on various original source in !!!!!!. price 1.80 but 2 for 2.00 in sada. net 50p each in 2's
  • braveheart60uk
    braveheart60uk Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    7 flavours need to check if they BM
  • altojack wrote: »
    Good morning Elite :hello:

So life has changed, never to be the same again. My baby at the age of 27 has fledged. My stash has depleated :eek: the freezer looks slimmer :eek: and the Bank of M&D took a pounding :cool: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I can't remember a week like it, I'm sure my other three fledged much easier than this but there again the Bank of M&D took poundings then too :o.

So our weekend was quiet during the early hours of Saturday and Sunday, no drunken feet stumbled up the stairs :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: we slept right through if I remember rightly :D

Ah AJ we were terrible when dd left home last year, we kept standing looking in her room, it had never been empty since the day we moved into the house 16 years earlier but we solved the problem and moved into it ourselves:rotfl:
    It's just so relaxing having the house to yourselves you will soon get used to it :D
    Love the bank of M&D ours has been battered too. She left work on 23rd December and has just received her first weeks pay of maternity pay. Thanks to our fabulous friend FC I'm not replacing her name because She has been fantastic and deserves the praise.
    How funny life can be, it was this time last year that I organised that charity breakfast and a cheeky comment of, you could come you're only up the road has turned into a great friendship. She is my voice of reasoning, giving sound advice, I truly wouldn't be the person I am today in such good circumstances without her. :eek: crikey that's a bit heavy for a Thursday morning :rotfl: I should also add that I have other fabulous friends too BQ, ellie14 and sunflower, it saddens me that they don't post anymore butvi suppose nothing in life stays the same.

Got to go to work again today :( it's a bit too repetitive for my liking :rotfl:
  • Morning folks....It's going to be another beautiful day..........You know the routine....:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

I'm off.....work calls...Hi-Ho.......Have a great one....:dance::wave:
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Did your friends get the train sorted out QoC?

No :( they (quite understandably) didn't want to sit for four hours on a coach :(
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    I'll just off load my dreadful news

My sister has lumps in her neck.
    Over a 3 month period starting with Drs, then hospital scan, biopsy, another scan booked for this Friday... no results...
    Yesterday she was called out of the blue into see Consultant - she has cancerous lymph glands.
    He is pretty certain it is secondary cancer.
    She has to go to Cardiff on Monday for a full body scan to see where (or hopefully not) the primary cancer is ..
    Going forward is an op to remove glands, then chemo or radio therapy.
    It has been sinking in all day, Poor Mum & Dad are floundering... I know Dad has blood cancer but that seems in a different league to this.
    This is my little sister...

I know others here have suffered & are suffering, and it is all new to us as a family, I hope you won't mind me asking stuff I don't understand?

apologies xxx

Dont ever apologise! I'm sorry to read this. I don't have any wise words but wanted to send lots of love xxx
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • sarahskint
    sarahskint Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    7 flavours need to check if they BM

looks like they all should except for the lavender one - I have a list all written out for Tesco so I plan on going at some point today!
  • cjj_2
    cjj_2 Posts: 6,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Morning all hope everyone is well xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure