20/20 Vision (repaying a debt to my home and myself)

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I was up early cleaning ready for the kitchen planner as I did not finish it yesterday so I feel I’ve done loads today and it isn’t even 1pm yet. ;)

The kitchen planner has just gone. I did not get at all anxious about the visit. Progress for me…:D
    He is going to try and fit a dishwasher into my kitchen plan but fears he may not be able to. I hope he can as this is important to me.

I ended up with more expensive handles, cheaper worktops, no under cabinet lighting, no fan extractor (I already have a kitchen fan extractor built into my wall)

Decluttered

My food processor. I got it from Lid1 about a year ago but food is stuck in the handle and it is gross so I chucked it. I don’t think I need one. I need a blending stick which is easier to store and easier to maintain.

Magazines

Glass bottles. I need to be careful not to keep more of these than I need

I will do some gardening this afternoon :)

Welcome to your week everyone :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    So, no gardening done. :o In fact no nothing done :o

I felt washed out and unsettled and wanted a glass of wine or some junk to eat, wondering if that was a blood sugar or time of the month issue. Anyway there was neither in the house so I went to sleep instead for an hour instead.

A NSD day today. I need another 2 this week. They are easier to do than when I started my diary in January 2016 but I have got out of the habit so it wasn't the walk in the park I thought it would be.

Going to make tea and take it to my bedroom with a book.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,141 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Don't worry about not getting anything done DIA. We all have days like that - we're so focussed on getting everything done that we forget we need to rest!
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Kitchen appointment sounds good! When will you find out the cost and whether you'll get your dishwasher?

I agree with greenbee - we all have days like that. Put your sluggish day behind you and you can get back to it when you're ready.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    greenbee wrote: »
    Don't worry about not getting anything done DIA. We all have days like that - we're so focussed on getting everything done that we forget we need to rest!
    JoJoC wrote: »
    Kitchen appointment sounds good! When will you find out the cost and whether you'll get your dishwasher?
    I agree with greenbee - we all have days like that. Put your sluggish day behind you and you can get back to it when you're ready.
    Thanks both. You are right. I'm the same today but taking it in my stride today :)
    I will get a rough idea in a few days but the installation guys will have to attend an appointment first. It is a long process. The cost was £40 and even if they can't do it for a reasonable prize I have so many good ideas and thoughts it was worth the money :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    NSD number 2 :T

Today I looked at some beef and I could not eat it. I am going off meat! I had to throw it away so I have wasted duck and beef this week. :( Not best pleased. I have a lentil curry thing defrosting so I will have that with some quinoa and broccoli instead.

I am still drained and sluggish.

I spoke to one of my best friends today. She lives in Australia and she is just going into Winter so I started thinking of Winter and then…Christmas. Yup, you heard right —Christmas.

I thought of how I want the house to have progressed by Christmas. I am only 6 pay days away from Christmas

To be done by Christmas:
    Fascias temporary repaired
    New kitchen installed
    Large bay window replaced
    Safe electrics
    Floor sanded, sealed and waxed in bedroom
    Bedroom decorated
    New front door
    Small sink in the toilet

The bathroom and fascias are next on the list but realistically they are big jobs and won’t be done until 2019. I’m especially sad about the bathroom but not everything can be done as Christmas is 6 pay days away and due to a 4 day week coming up, half of the pay days will be reduced by 20%

This thought motivated me to do the following:

Send an email chasing the kitchen planner
    Organise a second quote for the windows

Both done now :)

I hope you are having a good day

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    JoJoC wrote: »
    Ooh JoJo, just heard he found a way to fit in a slimline dishwasher. I lose a set of drawers but he added a drawer on the end of the wall units. So pleased about the dishwasher :D

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Ooh JoJo, just heard he found a way to fit in a slimline dishwasher. I lose a set of drawers but he added a drawer on the end of the wall units. So pleased about the dishwasher :D

Good news on the dishwasher :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Fantastic that he has managed to fit it in for you! You need to work out what your top priorities are and if a dishwasher is one then to hell with some drawers! Haha

I love it when a plan comes together.

It seems we both have pre-Christmas plans in place now - yours are home improvements and mine are debt overpayments. Its a good goal to work towards though, definitely start getting the feelers out for tradespeople sooner than later as finding and scheduling appointments with them is the most time consuming part as you know!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Hi dia :hello:

Just finished reading your diary was all chuffed to see if inspired you with the weekly savings

Your kitchen sounds lovely I agree with making space for dishwasher as we did the same and it's invaluable xx

Subscribed to your diary :D
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure