Connecting washing machine and dishwater to same water source and electric plug

Hello everyone,

Please, I need help/tips, as I have none else to ask.

I live in a flat and I currently have a washing machine installed in the kitchen, with the sick to the left . To the other side of the sink (left) there's a wall and window to the street. To the right of the washing machine, there's currently a cupboard - where I plan to put the dishwasher instead.

My plan is to install, preferably, a full size freestanding dishwasher to the other side of the washing machine, so it would sit aprox 1.5m away from the sink.

I have a few questions to check if this is feasible, would appreciate any guidance:

- Can I use the same water sources / pipes for both appliances, and perhaps just get a plumber to split them somehow?
- Can I use the same power source for two full size machines like this? (the pulg for the washing machine is under the worktop and has a switch above the worktop, does this mean is more powerful? And if I can use the same plug, are there any safety tips I need to follow?
- The oven/kitchen would be next to the dishwasher (or washing machine). The order would be, from left to right: sink, dishwasher, washing machine, oven. Is this ok?
- Do any of the two appliances, washing machine or dishwasher, need to be closer to the water source than the other? Or can I freely place them as I like?

If the above is nor possible, would a worktop dishwasher, smaller, do the trick?

Sorry, just exploring options before I ask permission to the landlord to install it (I would need to remove a cupboard in the kitchen).

Many thanks,
Ana

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills