IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ace Security Services CN

Comments

• ts22
    ts22 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Hi Coupon,

Thanks for the reply.
    To be honest I was annoyed when the fines first got paid. When I received additional ones I got really wound up and called Ace more as an impulsive thing and just said disagreed with what they were saying.

Anyways, I do display permits but they are valid for 24 hours and you write your details in the block. The first ticket I had forgotten to do so and the second one I believe happened because I have been using an erasable pen to change the dates and I think they fined me because it is not allowed even though the pictures aren't actually clear.

Either way, I am at my partner's place frequently because I babysit for her etcetc so only I really use the permit. But yes, I did appeal yesterday both charges with the IPC template and left it at that until I hear something.

I tried to find out who is the relevant owner of the land from a registry but they wouldn't provide the information but as previously mentioned in my thread it is say Lewisham Homes is an ALMO so the land is not relevant.

It is an absolute shambles though because as part of the process of implementing the parking enforcement, they held residents meetings and came to that conclusion that they will enforce it even though I'm sure many don't attend those meetings.

In terms of notification or lease changes to implement this, there is no change in lease and I'm assuming it was a member of Lewisham Homes went around posting generic letters informing all residents that ACE security will be enforcing effective as of "x" date so there is none of this mention on the lease.

Similarly what is a joke is that the letter informed that residents "must" park in bays, yet many of us don't because pigeons will poop on the vehicles and residents and visitors who park in the estate with valid permits that aren't in the bays aren't getting fined, yet the letter said this was a requirement.

It's so poorly regulated but yes, all I can do now is proceed with the existing two tickets and take it from there.
  • ts22
    Hi Everyone,

Just a bit of an update. I've since had a LBC letter sent through my Gladstones which gives me 30 days to reply with an appeal directly through them. It does however require you log into their website and create an account which I decided not to do.

I've read through threads many a time since and just sent an email to the PPC acknowledging the LBC letter. I suppose from here, I will wait for the court date if it comes through and prepare working on a defence.

It is stressful but I am happy I have this forum as a resource so lets keep going.

Thanks,
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    They are required to send you the docs, not to have you log on to get them!

Part of the LBA responses on here reminds them of that duty. What exactly did you send?
  • ts22
    I sent an email just acknowledging receipt of the LBC and denying liability. And I then referred them to the practice direction to send me documents. I have not sent them anything haha.

It wasn't as formal as in the forum posts but that's the spiel of it.
    I ended just by letting them know that they can take me to court if they wish.
  • ts22
    Hi, I received a letter today with Gladstones taking me to court.

My situation is that I parked in an estate which was managed my ACE. I had two charge notices from them.

Anyways, I was there as a legitimate visitor on the estate and I am there frequently as it is my partner's address.

My main line of defence would have been primacy of clause but I have got hold of my partner's lease agreement which allows for the tenancy agreement to be altered which has been done.

Now, I am not so sure about how to go in writing my defence. The original charge was for 60 quid each for 2 tickets raised to 100 quid and now going to court it will be 400 including court costs and interest of whatever they are claiming for.

I will pay if I am ordered to but I am not sure what my options are in regards to a defence.
  • did you comply with the advertised t&cs for visitor parking?
    were there any?
    More detail needed......
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • ts22
    i believe one of the tickets id altered the times by rubbing out and altering. in the second my time expired.

they ticketed me i believe on those two. claiming i can not alter the visitor permit and my time had expired.
  • ts22
    I suppose there was nothing to say about altering the visitor permit, but the expiry time one I'm not sure about my way around it. Similarly the estate has bays which should be parked in but i was parked on the along one of the pavements. The estate says no parking along the side pavements but everyone parks there anyway. Plenty of other residents who park along the side pavement do not get fined but only those who have no permits. I hope this clarifies things.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    It states it can be altered, but under WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES? Does it state that the agreement can only be altered to benefit x, does it state that you can be forced to contract iwth a third party, does it state that you can be forced to contract with a third party for something you already have, ,does it state you can have your grant reduced ....

Youve not given anything like specific enough detail to advise. None.
  • ts22
    edited 7 December 2017 at 1:29PM
    in section D is states:

Council may very tenancy conditions by giving no less than 4 weeks notice and will notify with the proposed change and effect. The council will consider comments made before issuing a variation notice.
    This clause will not apply to the variation of rent, water charges, heating charges, or any other charges required by law.

The tenancy association hold meetings with tenants to discuss these things. Some were in favour of the parking permit whilst others weren't. Ultimately, they decided to implement it.

I do not know exact time frames in regard to the 4 weeks notice, but I do remember my partner receiving leaflets through the door regarding this. However, she does not have these anymore.

There is however, nothing stating she can be put into contract by a third party which in this case is ACE.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure