Global Test Market

Totally fed up with them and am thinking of quitting after many years. I cashed out fairly recently so now would probably be a good time. The points now awarded are mostly reduced to 10, or 22 market points for surveys that take at least 20 mins. It used to be a consistent 30. Not only that, I completed survey recently where at end I was thanked for completing the survey and forwarded to the 'opinion of survey' which I completed and then got the message "this survey is now closed" and was awarded no points. I have sent GTM two messages about this but there has been no response. It just seems a great waste of time to continue, especially as I frequently get emailed closed surveys or am kicked off half way through. Is it just me or is anyone else having same?
“Rain drops are not the ones who bring the clouds.”

Comments

• asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    There are number of topics about GTM recently and yes people are having issues and payment is reduced.
    Just an example.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5237263&highlight=globaltestmarket
    ally.
  • Hi,

Does anyone else have a problem accessing their globaltestmarket account atm ? I have requested new password/login details altho mine has not changed and had on email , filled in contact forms indicating problem and no reply, is it just me?

Sue
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,633
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    The website has been very slow for a week or so, but I am able to log in.

I would try clearing your History, temporary internet cache, and cookies. It might make a difference.

Good luck
  • sharpe106
    sharpe106 Posts: 3,559
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Joined a bit ago got up to 930 points without being screened out of any surveys the last 10 I have done have all been screened out after answering probably about 30 questions in each , I am guessing this site does this regularly when people get close to pay out so they do not have to pay
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    To be fair it is usually the other way around. With 930 points you aren't that close to the payout anyway :)
    ally.
  • sharpe106
    sharpe106 Posts: 3,559
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I know that I am not that far but now every time a survey comes up Iget screened out does this happen a lot so you cant get there? just seems strange that I never did before but now nearly there I keep getting screened out
  • Hello!

I've been using GlobalTestMarket for years. I rarely had problems with them until about 6 months ago.

I get several surveys a day. But now, whether I complete them in full, complete part of them or screen out of them, I get an error message every single time. Usually it's one that says "According to our records, you've already completed this survey" - which is incorrect.

I started tracking every survey I received on this spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10yvbDQGZpNnqfVEUgdNaaz42lv8B5XOVoPJ-rIYi9SY/edit?usp=sharing

The red ones are the worst one - they're the ones I completed in full but then received an error message when I submitted the last page.

So firstly - is anyone else having similar problems with them? Literally EVERY survey I take - including those I qualify for and fully complete - ends in an error message.

Secondly - their customer service is appalling. So bad, that I started catalogueing it. If you've got a few minutes spare, do have a read through - it's absolutely farcical.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CsIe7YgGbcvBnrKmY0GGr8yJYxNUxwRPf60H7enWous/edit?usp=sharing

If anyone has any advice on where to go next or how to make them deal with my problem, do let me know!
  • I've been using them for years too and have recently just started surveys again after a break. I can't log into my account, and even when they send me my password request, it still doesn't log me in.
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,633
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 24 March 2016 at 5:18PM
    Well done being persistent.

They really don't get it, do they? Just copy and paste a generic reply, hoping to fob you off.

I have also had several problems completing surveys with GTM and My Surveys. For ages I couldn't even start a survey with My Surveys, kept receiving message, 'whoops this is embarrassing ... technical issues, etc.' . They aren't too bad now though.

Regarding GTM, I am never confident that points will be rewarded, and have sent emails which eventually receive generic (unhelpful)response.

The only answer seems to be to do fewer of their surveys and concentrate on companies who are more reliable.
  • i am the same i used too use gtm loads but lately i have being kicked out of surveys that much it is becoming annoying
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family