manual assessment at Jag/Land Rover

Options

Comments

• stefdev
    stefdev Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    this is getting beyond a joke now. i think its totally unfair that people are even having to resit the online test.
    it was the end of march when my boyfriend disd the online assesment. had to wait 2 weeks for the manual assesment then 35 days after that for the interview then heard back that he passed the interview 2 days later then resat on 11th may and now current still waiting. if he doesnt get the job after all this then i think its a joke.
    anyone rang from before the resits on the 11th and know whats happening.
    this is a bit far fetched for an operative job.
  • donone46
    donone46 Posts: 56 Forumite
    edited 21 May 2012 at 8:58PM
    Options
    Eoiny555 wrote: »
    I went in on May 10th & resat my online assesment, the guy said I will recieve a phone call in the next 7 days. I rang manpower on Thursday & the gave me the number for the halewood office. I rang them & the lady I spoke to said that it is taking longer that they expected to process the applications & asked me to be patient & I will get a call or email in the next couple of weeks

Give them & call Monday & see do they tell you the same & let me know

I'll update this after I've called them tomorrow, I wouldn't mind if they said everyone will know either way by 1st June, but their so sketchy and nobody seems to know EXACTLY what's going on.

Ah well fingers crossed for everyone (myself included!)
  • jon2012
    jon2012 Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 21 May 2012 at 11:39AM
    Options
    A large number amount of recruits were started off on May 14th. Living local I know many people who applied.
    I was told the reason the online test had to be re sat was due to the fact Manpower had found out someone had been charging £10 to fraudulently undertake the online test on behalf of applicants in order to obtain a high score.
  • donone46
    edited 21 May 2012 at 8:59PM
    Options
    I called Halewood this morning and was told it could take up until the 1st June due to the resits. How is this complicated? You pass all of the assessments, resit and pass the on-line assessment and if you get X% then you get a job.

I thought this was part EU funded so I can't see them taking the majority of people from reffered parties. Also with all the new employment laws how can this be allowed?

Sorry jon2012 I call in to questions your 'mates' off the record chat with someone who was on the phone, why would they risk their own postion with a comment like that? Stop stirring things mate!
  • springchicken
    springchicken Posts: 620 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hubby has heard from numerous sources that the online application tests were resat because of Jon2012s reason above.
    Moneysaving? - I cant stop spending because of this site!
  • donone46
    Options
    Yeah I heard that someone had gone around doing tests for people as well, jon2012 has edited his response, he actually said that a manpower employee told a friend of his that all the vacancies have been filled by people whom had been referred by present employees of JLR.
  • eddardstark_2
    Options
    I'm applying for the Solihull plant. I passed all stages, had the interview, had an email confirming I had passed the interview etc. The 28 days mark was Thursday 17th May. Anyone had to wait longer?
  • springchicken
    springchicken Posts: 620 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    donone46 wrote: »
    Yeah I heard that someone had gone around doing tests for people as well, jon2012 has edited his response, he actually said that a manpower employee told a friend of his that all the vacancies have been filled by people whom had been referred by present employees of JLR.

Oops, didnt realise post had been edited. :p
    Moneysaving? - I cant stop spending because of this site!
  • donone46
    Options
    Oops, didnt realise post had been edited. :p

No worries :-)
  • jon2012
    jon2012 Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 22 May 2012 at 12:00PM
    Options
    To correct my previous edited post. Not all vacancies were apparently filled by referred applicants but have heard time and time again in the last couple of weeks from current employees that it helped.
    Shouldn't have happened but no way of proving or doing anything about it unfortunately.
    I am in the same boat as many and was unsuccessful.
    Sorry for any misunderstanding.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport