IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel/Morrisons

Mommabear13
Mommabear13 Posts: 7 Forumite
edited 20 August 2018 at 7:58PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
I have read through the NEWBIE post and have been extremely naive regarding a parking charge I received.
Just wondering if you guys can assist me in moving forward.

Basically, long and short is I was 5 minutes over the 'grace period' tending to my baby. Is she covered under equalities act due to her age and requiring care?
I'm not going to sugar coat it for you her nappy leaked and she was covered in 💩. I had to change her before we left. I naively thought this would be a legitimate extenuating circumstance but I was clearly wrong.

My appeal was rejected they stated I should have called the helpline however the signage does not advise to call if you are delayed, give any deadline within which to do this or provide opening hours for the 'helpline'. I called out of interest after the fact, it took me over half an hour to get through and he told me I shouldn't have left the car park without calling regardless how long it took to get through he told me if he broke his leg he'd have made sure someone called (😂 couldn't help but laugh at that)

They have advised to appeal to IAS though I know you recommend not to so I've taken it up with Morrison's instead and planning to email my MP too.

Spoke to customer services who have said nothing they can do as the car park is a third party. I'm assuming this is because they are in a shopping centre however it is their name above the door from the car park to the centre and they are the largest store there.

I want to email CEO David Potts regarding this as its their name over the door so these situations reflect badly on them. Wondering if this is futile or if as I suspect they have more pull over this than they let on?

What do you reckon?

Comments

• Also does arguing with the parking company as I have make you a target for court action? How do they decide who to take further action with?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    firstly, I would edit your wall of text into paragraphs so people can actually read it

yes its likely to be a third party owner or MA as Excel dont normally manage Morrissons car parks, its usually Parking Eye or another one or two I cant remember yet , possibly ECP ?

DEFINITELY email CEO David Potts about it , and the donotreply email for their head office like many others have done successfully

they take various people to court, there is no hard and fast rule as EXCEL target millions of people this way
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Mommabear13

Do not expect any intelligence from EXCEL, they just
    want your money. The IPC/IAS is just a complete scam

YES, the CEO is the way to go and as a customer
    you are being threatened by their parking operative
    and you do not expect Morrisons to behave so badly.
    Request an immediate cancellation

Mr David Potts CEO

Email david.potts-ceo@morrisonsplc.co.uk

Don't be fobbed off, it's people like you that pays Potts
  • Apologies Redx I've seperated the text as recommended.

Excellent I did find an old letter to Morrison's written by Coupon Mad but it seemed very firm and referenced breastfeeding so slightly different.

Would you recommend a polite request or all guns blazing approach?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    polite but firm and knowing your facts always seems a good idea to me

add the pcn reference and VRM details to your complaint , plus any proof of patronage like copies of receipts, redacted bank statements and the details of any Match & More card too
  • beamerguy
    Apologies Redx I've seperated the text as recommended.

Excellent I did find an old letter to Morrison's written by Coupon Mad but it seemed very firm and referenced breastfeeding so slightly different.

Would you recommend a polite request or all guns blazing approach?

Look, you are the one being scammed, a strict to the point letter
    is required and as a customer why would Potts expect you
    to shop their again
  • Thank you. I think my current draft is a bit wishy washy so I'll have a bit of a play with it if I ever get these kids to sleep ��

I was thinking I'd mentioned equalities act, signage (no information what to do in case of delay) and that the charge is disproportionate to any losses incurred by the land owner as it is a free car park might also mention that it's money that I would prefer to spend in his stores.

I've never been in this situation. I've never been late back before and I took full responsibility and naively expected some compassion. This has been so stressful.
  • beamerguy
    edited 20 August 2018 at 9:29PM
    Thank you. I think my current draft is a bit wishy washy so I'll have a bit of a play with it if I ever get these kids to sleep ��

I was thinking I'd mentioned equalities act, signage (no information what to do in case of delay) and that the charge is disproportionate to any losses incurred by the land owner as it is a free car park might also mention that it's money that I would prefer to spend in his stores.

I've never been in this situation. I've never been late back before and I took full responsibility and naively expected some compassion. This has been so stressful.

Dear Mr Potts,

Whilst recently shopping at Morrisons, I received a parking
    ticket from Excel Parking and my appeal to them was rejected

I was 5 minutes over the 'grace period' tending to my baby. This
    is covered under the equalities act due to her age and requiring care?

I am now being threatened with a £100 charge.

Your customer service advised me there is nothing
    Morrisons can do as a third party employs this parking
    company. You will know who the third party is and I request
    you contact them to arrange cancellation of this charge/

My understanding of Excel parking is they are ruthless
    and that I will be harassed with debt collector letters
    and threatened with court action

Please explain this to the third party that they are jointly
    liable for the actions of Excel, especially under the
    equalities act and that Excel will not acknowledge this

I trust as a customer, you will respect me and arrange
    for this ticket to be cancelled

Yours sincerely

==============================
    Include all the information of the ticket and the
    Excel rejection
    ==============================
  • I really appreciate your advice, thank you for taking the time to help me out.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that Mr Potts will be more compassionate and assist with this!

I'll send my local MP an email to discuss.

Hopefully I'll be able to post soon that it has been cancelled and is resolved!

Keep your fingers crossed for me ��
  • beamerguy
    OK, it's not advice, that is the letter you send

Don't forget all the info so Potts know the location etc etc

The Landowner and Excel would be in serious trouble
    for ignoring the equalities act
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories