Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi all.

Im currently without a sub with SKy but have the HD box so can watch the freeview channels. Does Sky Q allow you to watch freeview when cancelled, or do sky take the box off you when you're not in contract?
  • shaggy wrote: »
    Hi all.

Im currently without a sub with SKy but have the HD box so can watch the freeview channels. Does Sky Q allow you to watch freeview when cancelled, or do sky take the box off you when you're not in contract?

They take the Q boxes back when the contract is ended. BTW, it's Freesat from Sky rather than Freeview.
  • 227_BHA
    227_BHA Posts: 170 Forumite
    jpwjpw wrote: »
    I just renewed my Sky Q sub (all channels in HD inc sports/movies/box sets/kids) for £41 a month on an 18 month contract. Am happy with that. Pretty much half the standard price. £10 admin fee.

Edit: It's currently showing as £36 + £5 for the Sky Go Extra I was paying for before, so even better!

The split I got (according to a future bill) seems to be:

Entertainment: £15
    Sports: £10
    Cinema: £6
    Sports HD: £2
    HD: £1
    Box Sets: £1
    Kids: £1
    Sky Go Extra: £5

Hi
    Have you got multi-room at that price or just the 1 sky q box?
  • Have SKY stopped offering the Live Chat service? I've used this to great effect in the past when negotiating a new deal but it seems to have been replaced with "Messenger" which doesn't offer an instant response.

Anyone still able to use live chat?
  • Have SKY stopped offering the Live Chat service? I've used this to great effect in the past when negotiating a new deal but it seems to have been replaced with "Messenger" which doesn't offer an instant response.

Anyone still able to use live chat?

Seems to have disappeared although I'd hardly say it was an instant response anyway, I frequently could never get on it.

Messenger and SMS seems to be the way forward which would suit myself more at least.
  • Seems to have disappeared although I'd hardly say it was an instant response anyway, I frequently could never get on it.

Messenger and SMS seems to be the way forward which would suit myself more at least.

Agree it could be difficult to get on it but whenever I did it was always pretty quick to resolve what I was trying to. I've currently had a messenger conversation ongoing for 3 hours and am getting nowhere as it takes around 15-20 mins for the operator to respond. Guess they're hoping I get bored and just forget to haggle......
  • jpwjpw
    jpwjpw Posts: 270 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    227_BHA wrote: »
    Hi
    Have you got multi-room at that price or just the 1 sky q box?

Just the one Sky Q box + Sky Go Extra.
  • mpelson
    mpelson Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I gave notice to cancel Sky HD (not Q) yesterday and have seen one offer in the notifications section of the My Sky app.

Entertainment £20 per month on 12 month contract with Sports & Cinema (£27 per month), HD pack (£1), Box Sets (£1) and Sports HD (£2) with those bits being on rolling 31 day contracts for a total of £51 per month. Compared to current price of £84.50, that's obviously better but from reading some of this thread there are better offers out there.

There is also another offer via the Account section through the Sky HD box but that just mentions Entertainment @ £15 per month and no mention of the prices of any other elements. Just a 'Take this offer' button which I don't particularly want to press if it commits me to that offer! Can any that have been down this route recently tell me if there is a further screen after that 'Take this offer' button where you can add other packs to the deal?

Similarly, when logging in to the Sky website there is an 'Exclusively for you' section that mentions keep Sports and Cinema @ £30 per month for 12 months but again it doesn't give details about prices for other packs and there is just a 'Take this offer' button which again, I don't want to click for fear of committing to an offer with no way of backing out!

The My Offers section just comes up with an error about being Unable to Proceed and to call Sky.

So far, the only offer that shows me the full details of all of the packs I am interested in is the one accessed through the My Sky app.

How long are these offers likely to stay available and, seeing as I am only 1 day into the cancellation notice period, are other offers going to turn up before turn off day?
  • SeeMe
    SeeMe Posts: 343 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    mpelson wrote: »

The My Offers section just comes up with an error about being Unable to Proceed and to call Sky.

Thats all i get as well
  • ccdorset
    ccdorset Posts: 295 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    mpelson wrote: »

When you get that message have you tried clicking on "Left Sky in the last 12 months" option? That should be under Shop, then Offers.

Not sure if that section only becomes active once you are actually disconnected, but it's worth a shot! :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback