NOW broadband and calls package - can't receive calls!

Roger1
Roger1 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
We recently changed to the NOW broadband and calls package, having used MSE's checker for research. Part of the attraction was 'free' calls to UK landlines and mobiles up to one hour, and 2p/minute calls to Switzerland.

TV and internet are OK (well, TV would be, using Freeview). We have problems with phones. We can't receive calls. Callers just hear a click, then nothing. Those calls are charged, as I discovered when using my mobile to check.

NOW customer service doesn't seem to exist. They don't reply to my online messages, they seem to have no published e-mail address and Live Chat is - er - Dead.

Does anybody know how to contact anybody at NOW who could help us? Thanks.

Oh, yes. Those 2p/min calls to Switzerland: they're not 2p, they're 2p + 22p, so 1 minute = 24p, 2 mins = 26p, 10 mins = 42p etc. I think this is a problem within MSE's webpage.

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If you're a Combi customer (they provide your broadband and phone) you should find a contact number here:
    http://account.nowtv.com/passes

Failing that since NowTV is effectively Sky in different colours you could call them and ask to be transferred - 0800 1512747 seems to be the number.
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Roger1 wrote: »
    We recently changed to the NOW broadband and calls package, having used MSE's checker for research. Part of the attraction was 'free' calls to UK landlines and mobiles up to one hour, and 2p/minute calls to Switzerland.

TV and internet are OK (well, TV would be, using Freeview). We have problems with phones. We can't receive calls. Callers just hear a click, then nothing. Those calls are charged, as I discovered when using my mobile to check.

NOW customer service doesn't seem to exist. They don't reply to my online messages, they seem to have no published e-mail address and Live Chat is - er - Dead.

Does anybody know how to contact anybody at NOW who could help us? Thanks.

Oh, yes. Those 2p/min calls to Switzerland: they're not 2p, they're 2p + 22p, so 1 minute = 24p, 2 mins = 26p, 10 mins = 42p etc. I think this is a problem within MSE's webpage.

Did you port your number from your previous provider, or did you accept any old number from Now TV ?.... Given that Now TV is part of the Sky organisation, their telephony will be delivered via Sky's LLU MPF network.
    Dial 17070 from your phone, it should read back the circuit number ,if it is the number you expect, and you were porting the number from your previous provider , then the number port has gone wrong , and it's upto NowTV to sort it out...don't accept any excuses like 'it's your old provider , get on to them' , even if your old provider has in part messed up, it's NowTV that should sort it out.
  • Neil_Jones wrote: »
    If you're a Combi customer (they provide your broadband and phone) you should find a contact number here:
    http://account.nowtv.com/passes

Failing that since NowTV is effectively Sky in different colours you could call them and ask to be transferred - 0800 1512747 seems to be the number.

Sky won't transfer you to NowTV even if it's the same staff (I don't think it is anyway).
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    0330 0412 462 NOWTV number
  • Roger1
    iniltous wrote: »
    Did you port your number from your previous provider ... ?
    No, we 'inherited' the number from the previous home owner when we bought the house many years ago so presumably a BT legacy number along the way.
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    No, we 'inherited' the number from the previous home owner when we bought the house many years ago so presumably a BT legacy number along the way.

Yes but are you taking that number from whoever you were with to NOW?
  • Roger1
    jem16 wrote: »
    Yes but are you taking that number from whoever you were with to NOW?
    Yes, from BT to NOW.
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Yes, from BT to NOW.

So have you checked that the number port from BT to Now has been completed properly as per the earlier post from initious?
  • Roger1
    iniltous wrote: »
    Dial 17070 from your phone, it should read back the circuit number ,if it is the number you expect, and you were porting the number from your previous provider , then the number port has gone wrong , and it's upto NowTV to sort it out...don't accept any excuses like 'it's your old provider , get on to them' , even if your old provider has in part messed up, it's NowTV that should sort it out.
    Thanks for your suggestion. I can now give a proper response. (I've been away.)

I dialled 17070 which confirmed our phone number, long since held, most recently with BT and now transferred to NOW. As I mentioned, we can make calls. These show up on caller display as our usual number. We can't receive calls.

Now to call the 0330 number.
  • Roger1
    jem16 wrote: »
    So have you checked that the number port from BT to Now has been completed properly as per the earlier post from initious?
    Hi, jem.

I have now. Please see my response just now (post #10).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure