Auf Weidhersehen Debt

Comments

• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi Brookside!

Your diary caught my eye whilst I was waiting for my daughter to finish dance class as I used to love Brookside on TV back in the day :rotfl:.

You've done so well so far so keep it up.

Brilliant news about OH and his new job.

Keep going and keep posting xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Brookside88
    Brookside88 Posts: 338 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi Brookside!

Your diary caught my eye whilst I was waiting for my daughter to finish dance class as I used to love Brookside on TV back in the day :rotfl:.

You've done so well so far so keep it up.

Brilliant news about OH and his new job.

Keep going and keep posting xx

Thanks hun, I was beginning to think I was invisible! :D
  • Storm89
    Storm89 Posts: 592 Forumite
    Hi I'm new to the diary too. Our debt was very similar when we started and I'm down to under £14k now. Good luck on your journey x
  • Brookside88
    Storm89 wrote: »
    Hi I'm new to the diary too. Our debt was very similar when we started and I'm down to under £14k now. Good luck on your journey x

Wow! Off to check out your diary. Well done!
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I'm pretty sure nobody is reading this but hey ho, I'll carry on anyway because I'm finding it useful.

if you look at the number of page views you should see that go up so you can see people are reading but not commenting. The other thing I found was that posting on other peoples diaries got people visiting mine. It can be a bit 'little lonely voice in the wilderness' otherwise.

I tend to 'thank' as I go so I know where I am up to, but haven't been about much this week so now I am catching up.

Congrats on the new job for your OH, hope that makes a really positive difference for you both.

The life cover v the mortgage cover, I am honestly not sure what the difference is? We have a flat lump sum on both our lives that ends when the youngest boy is 21 that would be enough for the survivor to manage on rather than the decreasing amount of the mortgage, I played with the comparison quotes till we got a good deal (and eventually £100 of cashback). Does your OH get any cover from his new job too?
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Really need to go and put air in my tyres tonight after work, one of them is practically flat! Going to do it at sainsburys because their air is free!

Which one? I usually do mine at Fosse Park Asda and really resent the charge even though the petrol itself is far cheaper than it is out in the sticks.
  • if you look at the number of page views you should see that go up so you can see people are reading but not commenting.

I must admit I read a lot of diaries but very rarely post on them.

Brookside good luck with clearing your debt. I have an almost 2 year old too. When is your little ones birthday?
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • Brookside88
    Which one? I usually do mine at Fosse Park Asda and really resent the charge even though the petrol itself is far cheaper than it is out in the sticks.

Oh my goodness are you in Leicester? Small world! Sainsbury's at fosse park is free and their for court is much bigger and less stressful. I've meant to do it a few times at asda but there's nowhere to pull up and wait if it's busy and then I'm in people's way so j just leave :rotfl:
  • Brookside88
    if you look at the number of page views you should see that go up so you can see people are reading but not commenting. The other thing I found was that posting on other peoples diaries got people visiting mine. It can be a bit 'little lonely voice in the wilderness' otherwise.

I tend to 'thank' as I go so I know where I am up to, but haven't been about much this week so now I am catching up.

Congrats on the new job for your OH, hope that makes a really positive difference for you both.

The life cover v the mortgage cover, I am honestly not sure what the difference is? We have a flat lump sum on both our lives that ends when the youngest boy is 21 that would be enough for the survivor to manage on rather than the decreasing amount of the mortgage, I played with the comparison quotes till we got a good deal (and eventually £100 of cashback). Does your OH get any cover from his new job too?

Will try and comment more on other people's. I find it quite daunting to read it all if there are more than about 4 pages though!

With regard to the mortgage vs life cover. With the mortgage cover it just clears the mortgage rather than paying a lump sum so the other debts would still remain. Now that we have our little boy I feel like it would be better to have a lump sum payout if that makes sense.

I've looked at topcashback and looks like I could get some cashback from them. I'm terrible at checking these things
  • Brookside88
    I must admit I read a lot of diaries but very rarely post on them.

Brookside good luck with clearing your debt. I have an almost 2 year old too. When is your little ones birthday?

He'll be 2 on the 8th June. How about yours?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure