Very difficult situation regarding grandmother's will

Comments

• gll5dm
    gll5dm Posts: 112 Forumite
    She claimed to my brother that she needs to find out whether the money set to be distributed is taxable or not. Ermmm!
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    That will be a straightforward calculation which should not take a month.

Have you made a formal complaint to the firm?
  • She is being economical with the truth. Have you lodged the complaint yet? What is stopping you?
  • Jenniefour
    Jenniefour Posts: 1,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Get your complaint in. It doesn't take a month to do a tax calculation, that appears like another stalling tactic to me.
  • gll5dm
    Yes, I've emailed the company to enquiry about their complaints procedure and have outlined my grievances. Awaiting a reply!
  • gll5dm
    Received a reply from their managing director stating that he's forwarded my complaint on to the solicitor involved and if we are unable to sort it between ourselves in a timely manner to my satisfaction then I should get back in touch for him to kick off an official complaint. Can't ask for fairer than that I say. Maybe this will be the kick up the !!!! the solicitor needs. Three months waiting is an absolute joke.
  • gll5dm wrote: »
    Received a reply from their managing director stating that he's forwarded my complaint on to the solicitor involved and if we are unable to sort it between ourselves in a timely manner to my satisfaction then I should get back in touch for him to kick off an official complaint. Can't ask for fairer than that I say. Maybe this will be the kick up the !!!! the solicitor needs. Three months waiting is an absolute joke.
    Keep the pressure on them!
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    gll5dm wrote: »

I would point out that she has already been given more than enough time to resolve the issue in a timely manner, and insist on it being treated as a formal complaint now.

If she was capable of getting it resolved in a timely manner you would not have complained in the first place.
  • gll5dm
    Keep the pressure on them!
    Don't worry, I will! :D
  • Polmop
    Polmop Posts: 661 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hiya
    Any update or are they still dragging their feet
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories