no roaming to turkey with vodafone bundles

frugal90
frugal90 Posts: 360 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
Vodafone are pulling the plug on free roaming to Turkey/ North Cyprus from may.

Does anyone know of another solution with someone else - shame on you vodafone- or another way round it

frugal
Early retired in summer 2018 and loving it

Comments

• pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 29 March 2018 at 2:06PM
    Turkey appears still to be included in Three's Feel at home promotion. However, who's to say this may not change at any point.

Remember, no network has ever been required to provide free roaming to Turkey, it's not in the EU
  • timodell
    timodell Posts: 33 Forumite
    I understand that there is a special team at Vodafone looking to sort out regular visitors who would otherwise be much worse off. Eg. someone like me who had 3 handsets in the family and spends 3 weeks in Turkey making 1-2 texts or calls a day will have to pay £560 extra!!. Of course, you are entitled to cancel your contract without penalty, which would be very expensive for them if, like me, you are only a few months into a 2-year deal.
  • pmduk wrote: »
    Turkey appears still to be included in Three's Feel at home promotion. However, who's to say this may not change at any point.

Remember, no network has ever been required to provide free roaming to Turkey, it's not in the EU

Cyprus is included by Three, but not Turkey, according to their site this morning:
    http://www.three.co.uk/Feel-at-home
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Cyprus is included by Three, but not Turkey, according to their site this morning:
    http://www.three.co.uk/Feel-at-home

I checked before my prior posting, so I presume this is a recent change.
  • timodell
    timodell Posts: 33 Forumite
    Good News! Just received this from Vodafone after registering a strong complaint about the Turkey change:

"Dear Mr Odell

Thanks for getting in touch with Nick Jeffery about your recent experience. On behalf of Nick, I apologise that this led to your email on 14 April

I can confirm that due to customer feedback, we will no longer be making the change, and will be keeping Turkey as a roam free destination. We will be rolling out the announcements of this over the coming months.

Yours sincerely

Adam Singleton
    For and on behalf of:
    Nick Jeffery, Vodafone UK CEO
    Vodafone Limited
    "

• boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    timodell wrote: »
    Good News! Just received this from Vodafone after registering a strong complaint about the Turkey change:

"Dear Mr Odell

Thanks for getting in touch with Nick Jeffery about your recent experience. On behalf of Nick, I apologise that this led to your email on 14 April

I can confirm that due to customer feedback, we will no longer be making the change, and will be keeping Turkey as a roam free destination. We will be rolling out the announcements of this over the coming months.

Yours sincerely

Adam Singleton
    For and on behalf of:
    Nick Jeffery, Vodafone UK CEO
    Vodafone Limited
    "

I'm shocked Vodafone listened to customers, that has to be a first!!:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing