Has anyone been to turkey?

Hello
we are planning to go to Turkey for a friend's teeth. we found a company. even though everyone I speak to says this company is reliable and cheap , don't know.
I have never been to Turkey and don't really know anything about the country.
Any advice would be most welcome thank you.

Comments

• Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    sophieee wrote: »
    Hello
    we are planning to go to Turkey for a friend's teeth. we found a company. even though everyone I speak to says this company is reliable and cheap , don't know.

Where in turkey and for how long?
  • Fethiye and for 2 weeks
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,281 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Why not buy a guide book, or even borrow one from your local public library?

And did you really mean to write that you are going there "for a friend's TEETH"? The usual place to go for cheap dentistry is Hungary, although I can recommend a very good dentist in Hyderabad (India).

If you learn nothing else about Turkey, be sure you get your visas before beginning your journey.
  • we are planning to go to Turkey for a friend's teeth

Dentures, or other dental work ?
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    We first went to Turkey in 1988 and have been to various resorts over the years since then.
    Has anyone else in your party been to Turkey? If so, what do they say?
    What sort of advice are you looking for?
    sophieee wrote: »
    Hello

Which company?
    Have you checked out the reviews?
    And reviews of the hotel?
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I go to Turkey twice a year and have a few friends who have moved there permanently and they all sing the praises of the local dentists. Usually have everything on site, the labs, the manufacture etc and it is cheap! Approx 40% of the U.K. price.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,580 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've been going to Turkey every year for 30+ years and I love it. I know Fethiye and while it is a large working town it does have a good waterfront and nice places nearby. Boat trips from the harbour make a lovely day out.

I really love Turkish food and the exchange rate of the TL (Turkish Lira) to the £ is very good at the moment. Obviously, check reviews before choosing accommodation. You might want to go self catering. Fethiye has an enormous market and fruit and veg is very cheap.

How long are you planning to be there and when? It's very hot in the summer (we go in June and it's hot enough then) so you'd need air con.
  • koalakoala
    koalakoala Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Know loads of people who have had dental work done, very professional, better and cheaper than UK, including my husband and brother. I think the dentist was something like Catagay Aras, supposedly the best, and works in Holland in the winter
  • ibizafan_2
    ibizafan_2 Posts: 920 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I’ve been to Olu Deniz and Kalkan years ago and really enjoyed both places. Parts of the Turkish Mediterranean coast are really beautiful, and I loved the food. I don’t really know why we haven’t been in recent years. Same with the Greek Islands. These days we concentrate on Spain and Italy and travelling further afield.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure