Additional Employment during IVA help.

Hello,

My husband and I have recently entered into a joint IVA with Stepchange. All payments are coming from his salary.
Due to ill health and family commitments, I have been unable to work for the past few years.
I am hoping to be able to return to employment within the next 12 months.
My question is, will I be permitted to keep a portion of any potential earnings or will Stepchange expect all to be paid into our IVA?
Thankyou in advance :)

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,834 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    You will have to re-budget wont you.

Only disposable income goes towards IVA payments, if you start work again, your expences will go up in line with that, for example, more fuel/wear and tear on the car, or public transport costs, clothes for work, lunches, etc etc etc.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • PrettyKittyKat
    PrettyKittyKat Posts: 1,270 Forumite
    Was there anything written into your proposal about what would happen if you went back to work?

Were there any modifications related to you returning to work? Or an increase in disposable income?

You would need a complete I&E review if you did return as your outgoings would change also. It is likely that you would need to increase your payments by 50% of the increase in DI, as long as your proposal or mods don't say otherwise!
  • This should have been stated in your paperwork, mine states the amount I am allowed to earn PA before informing Step Change If I earn more I think they take 60%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure