can you refund and then ask for the money back???

Hi,

So with a little help from a friend last month I managed to completely pay off my 'Very' account balance.

Upon doing so I was told I was due a refund of £xxx, this would be refunded and in 3 working days my account would be closed as requested.:T

Today I attempted to log on to the account to check it had closed. What I found was a balance of £xxx, the amount they refunded me!! I called and was told they were incorrect in refunding me this and I did need to repay it.

What irritates me the most is that as far as I was aware my account had been closed? (I have the live chat transcript as evidence of account closure and refund)

Had I not logged on, completely by chance, that balance would have stayed there collecting interest for months, negatively effecting my credit score, as nobody had been in contact to inform me of this 'refund error' or that my account had not been closed??!!:mad:

I feel as though this was all a ploy on 'Very's' behalf to prevent the account from being closed, with their 49.9% APR, they had a lot to gain!!

Is there anything I can do about this besides sit here angrily, plotting revenge??:(

Please help!

Comments

• Labsuper
    Labsuper Posts: 266 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Stop spamming and stick to one thread please.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    This question has already been posted in two other boards. You really don't need to keep asking all over the forum.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure