Boots Sale

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Figgi wrote: »
    Can not see it being next Wednesday as that is their promotion change day.

As for this other deal, not got a clue, nothing has been said so must be top secret if stores haven’t been told yet. Unless it is the clearance suncream from last year coming back out.

The thing that has changed is the top man, was woman. Seb James took over late 2018 from Dixons Carphone Warehouse so is much more tuned into retail than the previous person.

Perhaps it will be nex Friday, 1st Feb? It's late but surely they will want to shift remaining [STRIKE]tat[/STRIKE] stock for summer stuff?
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Doubtful wrote: »
    Maybe this is what Boots are talking about that is happening tomorrow?

Oh possibly....
    If that's all its going to be I feel kind of deflated now lol.... :o
  • Africat
    Forumite
    Figgi wrote: »

As for this other deal, not got a clue, nothing has been said so must be top secret if stores haven’t been told yet. Unless it is the clearance suncream from last year coming back out.

The thing that has changed is the top man, was woman. Seb James took over late 2018 from Dixons Carphone Warehouse so is much more tuned into retail than the previous person.

Can't be very exciting if they've not felt the need to ask additional staff to come in...
    Just throwing in a couple of possibilities but If it were to go to 60%off first we'd have probably seen a sniff of the promotional material somewhere anyway.
    I've no idea what it's all about either, but my patience is being tested, :rotfl:
  • Figgi wrote: »

Why is the change from female to male mean they are more tuned into retail?

Could it not be due to the current retail climate, drop in consumer spending and the fact boots not long ago laid off many staff perhaps they need to make any profit they can and droppin to 70% off whilst will likely lead to profit, buzz in store and extra items purchased with loyalty points etc maybe they need more to go at 50% off and relying on the current hype of people anticipating the sale boost and are simply reluctant to lower prices until they’ve shifted as much as they can at higher profit margins.
  • Africat
    Forumite
    Okay so the Web has up to 70% off selected Mini Club items.
    Also states further reductions on Fragrance gift sets, though I can't be sure how much these are 'further reducued' by, or even if it was on before as I'm not interested in the fragrance sets.
  • Africat
    Forumite
    It does make me wonder why they don't stagger drop their sale prices, I know they do 50%/70%/90% but they'd squeeze a bit more profit in if they did a 'further reductions' 60% drop too.
    They could've done this by now and would probably have cleared a vast amount of it before it got to the need to go 70% off. The fact that there's 'further reductions' now on the fragrance gift sets makes me think it could go that way in future years.

It would probably disappoint an awful lot of people who eagerly await the sale every year though so its probably a bit of a risk for them.
  • Africat
    Forumite
    I wonder how long the queues will be when it does eventually happen!!!
    I think a lot of people will probably have given up by then. Especially as we still don't know for sure. If its next Friday I won't be able to go unless I use some more time off which I'm reluctant to do.
  • Figgi
    Figgi Posts: 280
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Kkpow wrote: »
    Why is the change from female to male mean they are more tuned into retail?

It doesn’t. I only added that bit as I put top man, and I’ve had people moan when I’ve used the phrase previously as it could be a woman. Seb is more tuned in than Elizabeth because of his background bringing a fresh pair of eyes and updating things.
  • Figgi
    Figgi Posts: 280
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Africat wrote: »
    It does make me wonder why they don't stagger drop their sale prices, I know they do 50%/70%/90% but they'd squeeze a bit more profit in if they did a 'further reductions' 60% drop too.
    They could've done this by now and would probably have cleared a vast amount of it before it got to the need to go 70% off. The fact that there's 'further reductions' now on the fragrance gift sets makes me think it could go that way in future years.

It would probably disappoint an awful lot of people who eagerly await the sale every year though so its probably a bit of a risk for them.

They do two stages due to the cost involved of producing all the extra show material, time involved etc. The increase has to be significant to put in an extra level as the current signs are double sided whereas a third one would need a whole set of extra show material.
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Perhaps it will be nex Friday, 1st Feb? It's late but surely they will want to shift remaining [STRIKE]tat[/STRIKE] stock for summer stuff?

No I'm on a work course!!!! so unfair.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport