IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Received LBCCC after believing charge had been cancelled

Options

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    I am open to suggestions as to how to improve my post.

As for the timeliness of the legislation, I do not see how the present situation can continue much longer.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    It would be better when referring someone to the Newbies thread to say "see post # and para ##". Too often it is simply a reference to the thread without being specific about which part of the thread.
    Agreed and I do try to do this but are we not in danger of spoon-feeding posters, which is something I thought was to be avoided so that posters get into the habit of researching. Sometimes when they are new they need that little bit of hand-holding, then later could be introduced to the self-help approach.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    I am open to suggestions as to how to improve my post.

As for the timeliness of the legislation, I do not see how the present situation can continue much longer.

What encourages you to advise that the Ppcs will be out of business by Xmas/early in 2019 (which is here in less than 2 months)?
  • The_Deep
    Options
    I have now revised my opinion, legislation before Christmas is now most unlikely. Early in the New Year can reasonably be interpreted as April 2019. I am a glass half full type if chap,
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    the protection of freedom act was first written on parchment with a quill, thats how long it took to be put in to enforcement

I think at this stage , there are about another 4 or 5 stages to go before legislation , then there will be a 6 mth period for things to happen

I would say closer to 2021 than to early 2019
  • onlyfoolsandparking
    onlyfoolsandparking Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 6 November 2018 at 10:43PM
    Options
    Going back to the OP,s original question do the regulars on here think a cancellation letter/email direct from the scammer is an absolute must, the reason I ask this is as a few of you will know I have been fighting the abhorrent Excel since February this year.

I made my 'Newbie' mistakes in the beginning entering into an aggravating letter ping pong battle with the usual ignorant replies one would expect from a seasoned scammer BUT!!!! and its a good but, I managed to secure a LOC and I think?? (I'm definitely not naïve enough to think I won the War but at least I won my battle) I achieved it with a well timed letter to the scammer and an email to the Landowner.

I did email Landowner early days as suggested in newbies thread with a polite but firm request asking all the usual and got a reply stating Yes they operate the car park on our behalf, end of!!! (How very dare they:D) and after going through all my beginner mistakes I got thinking I'm not accepting Landowners fob off and devised (what I think??) a good quality email resulting in the cancellation, happy days but do I need a cancellation letter/email from scammer, I have email confirmation from Landowner which I have printed off and filed should the scumbags try anything in next 5+ years, any thoughts?

By the way I would like to (on my own thread) show the email and letter I sent to scammer/Landowner redacted of course to see if it might be helpful to other current/future victims but not sure if it could be identified and end up with me receiving LBC,its quite specific and 2+2 could be done easily, I've had a result with my PCN and I really don't want to stir up a hornets nest, we all know how sadistic the scammers and their low-life legal associates are.

Again, any thoughts?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    I have now revised my opinion, legislation before Christmas is now most unlikely. Early in the New Year can reasonably be interpreted as April 2019. I am a glass half full type if chap,
    Just no possibility of this time table, and hopelessly optimistic to tell newbies their PPC will be put out of business by APRIL!

Your assertion to newbies is so dangerous should they decide to take it at face value as sound advice and take it they can ignore a PCN!
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This all crystal ball stuff ?

When I was a kid I had a tortoise called Speedy Gonzales and looking back, he moved much faster than any government I have ever seen

No harm in emailing Sir Greg Knight asking ... when ... as the scam is getting bigger
  • The_Deep
    edited 7 November 2018 at 1:02PM
    Options
    Your assertion to newbies is so dangerous should they decide to take it at face value as sound advice and take it they can ignore a PCN!

It is not an assertion, it is merely an opinion.

I have however revised it, as I tend to think that Brexit may scupper this Bill and this Government. If JC becomes PM I suspect that the car owning classes may well be taxed into extinction.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If JC becomes PM I suspect that the car owning classes may well be taxed into extinction.

JC :rotfl:

God help us TD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family