Nst november in new york

Comments

• NSD - No spending today for me so that's 2/20.

ORGANISE - Horrible wet day today so I spent all morning looking through photo albums and choosing photos on the iPad to have printed off one week when I have spare money.

ENJOY - I really enjoyed my pottering about day - my friend visited in the afternoon and we planned our forthcoming trip to NY next month.

EXERCISE - None today as too wet to go for a walk.

NOW - I'm continuing the healthy eating.

NO - No takeaways etc today.

OUTSIDE - I'm afraid not - too wet.

Forecast is for dry weather tomorrow so hopefully I'll get outside xx
    Debt free - Mortgage free - Work free ( in that order :) )
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    just a quick entry to update progress today
    November NSD#3

Report - here
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Today I am grateful for a friend giving us a lift, for a chance to chat with aforementioned friend, for a quick jog/walk, for dd surviving another sch entrance exam (3 hours!!!), for dd's dance lessons going well, for rugby on the box this afternoon, for completing 23 mice, for swede mash, for an NSD.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    NSDs Still 1 NSD and 1 XSD

ORGANISE your time. Could have achieved more today - but is *is* the weekend - some down time :)

VALUES If I get to 8K OPs I am starting my Florida fund early. Set OH to the shop for 2 things (OJ and tomatoes) - came back with OJ, no tomatoes (forgot!!) and a huge bar of wholenut and double pack of McV's choc digestives.... Grrr! Aside from the not needed spend (and forgotten tomatoes which I wanted with dinner) he is a T2 diabetic and I'm counting calories!

ENJOY yourself. Lovely quick bimble (slight contradiction!) around farmers market with OH

MAKE an inventory of the food.

BUDGETS Spends: Groceries 34.01, Medical 6.50, Xmas 121.24 (incudes £45 voucher from cashback used) Includes a yummy (according to OH - I don't eat steak) steak pie and lime/ lemon/ berry marmalade (gorgeous) from farmers market. I make my own marmalade and have run out and shop bought stuff just isn't the same :( Groceries also includes OH's spend on choc and biscuits (which I am avoiding) Have donated a bag of toiletries to homeless collection instead of foodbank donation

EXERCISE 4 times a week, 20 minutes a day. -only walking

RULES

IN case of emergency I need to put details of my breakdown cover in car. I have a copy on my phone but no good if out of battery. Have a blanket and wind up torch in car boot but could put another blanket in.
    Have good supply of meds. NEW - need to change bulb above rear number plate...

NOW is always the right time to start. Logged all food and drink again today - just within calorie goal (hence resisting choc) Much lower steps though, at only 6.5k (weirdly)

NO takeaways etc - None today - talked OH out of buying food to eat there at market by promising a full brunch when home :)

EVERYONE should know their debt free date. Only debt is BTL mtge which we are reducing. Extra monies go to this at mo.

WINTER proof your home,- need to book a heating chap to re-hang kitchen radiator and also a boiler service. OH needs to rehang rear lounge curtains (over large patio doors - major heat loss) - but having problems getting fixings to stay in stupid hollow walls. Have messaged heating chap - no reply as yet, but it is Saturday :)

YOU should cook from scratch. Yep for today - brunch of full cooked breakfast and then fajitas for dinner (no packets or kits)

OUTSIDE walking around FMkt

REPORT regularly - here :)

KINDNESS costs nothing.[/QUOTE] Left parking ticket with time left on parking meter in case someone could use...
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,338 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    applemuncher I have two weeks off, I don't really "need" it as my old job was so quiet so I wasn't really stressed (the new one won't be quiet!) but I had the leave left so needed to take it.

Today wasn't a NSD. I bought a gift for a relative's birthday, couple of birthday cards, chocs for my mum's birthday and the winter coat I've been looking for. I searched all the charity shops but didn't find anything suitable so ended up buying a new one for £40. Not very MSE but I'll keep it until it wears out like I did with the last one! So all in all quite a spendy day so I'll need to reign it in now.
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,805 as of 04/24
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    NSD today other than petrol so 1/15 :)

Organise - meal plan done for next week mostly with items from cupboards/freezer

Values - nothing paid to the debt today

Enjoy - watched the rugby after work (don't know if I class this as enjoy as we lost :rotfl:)

Budgets - all ok so far, however, submitted the electricity/gas readings today and the bill is a bit higher than I'd hoped so will have to do a bit of rejigging

Exercise - nothing here today

Cooking from scratch - had frozen pizza for tea :o. In my defense, I was the cook at work today so couldn't be bothered once I got home :p

Report - 3 days in a row :T
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi all:j

NSDs Another one in the bag today! 3/15

ORGANISE your time. Feeling a bit more organised, have managed to locate my favourite boots - and found 2 more pairs of short boots that I will also wear, one pair brand-new. Room of Doom is still a WIP - for many days yet, but progress is being made.

VALUES Differentiate between needs and wants. Should learn my lesson as one item I bought arrived & I know it will have to go for repair, so shouldn't really have bought it. However, I can use the item as it is, so it's OK. But no more late night shopping..

ENJOY yourself. Outside in the front garden doing a little light pruning, as DD on nights so no going out the back so as not to disturb her with doggies barking. She should be on 4 rest days now, but as it's mayhem out there she has to do another full night shift, and gets only 3 days off.

MAKE an inventory of the food in your cupboards, fridge and freezer at the start of the month. Also must do this but am away for 2 weeks in the middle of the month. No more food bought & all meals from stores. Just Monday to cook so am not buying any more food for us. Have made some extra meals/soups for DD when we are away & will buy her some ready meals to help her out when we are away.

BUDGETS should be set before the start of the month. Will be starting PAD payments as otherwise CC bill gets out of hand (paid off in full every month though).

EXERCISE 4 times a week, 20 minutes a day. Outside for a short while in the front, then out with animals for a run around in the back garden, windy but mild here.

RULES Turtle rules can be difficult at first. Trying hard.

IN case of emergency Add any items you might need Will be going to the home of the bargains tomorrow and getting some supplies there.

NOW is always the right time to start. Healthy snacks only if you don't count the 2 teaspoons of peanut butter, Oh and the 3 or 4 chocolate Lebkuchen ..

NO takeaways, No takeaways today.

EVERYONE
    Am DF but always could do with more savings towards experiences or holidays. Have some funds I need to pay back to business account, also for items bought in last spending spree... so need to account for those items by December 31.

EXTRA Have a ton of stuff that needs to be sold. Will deal with when back from hols. More items came to light in ROD today. DD also has items to sell which I found for her in ROD.

WINTER Front door looks good in its new weatherproof coat and should be good for 10 years according to paint tin. Still need to do a little bit of filling & another coat, but pretty pleased with the result.

YOU should cook from scratch All cooking from scratch today.

OUTSIDE Outside to do some work in front, cutting back creeper from around door etc.

REPORT regularly I'm here.

KINDNESS Will be treating DD to lunch out tomorrow.

Go Turtles !!!!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows. It's what sunflowers do
    Helen Keller

Things we all need more of
    * Warm hugs
    * Good sleep
    * Adventures
    * Interesting conversations
    * Laughter
    * Happy dances
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    NSDs 0/10 - always difficult on a weekend

ENJOY yourself – family cinema trip (free tickets) to see G00sebumps which was surprisingly good, watched a couple of episodes of Sabrina, read some of my book and a walk with DS

BUDGETS – Checked school newsletter and also need a donation for CIN and poppy day. I cant find my poppy so will buy a new one

RULES – OK so far I think!

IN case of emergency
    Stock up with generic painkillers, cold and flu meds – need some lemsip, bought a half price gift set of Vaseline tubs for lips, dry lips give me cold sores

NOW – Ate quite well until a small amount of pick and mix at the cinema made me queasy and put me off my tea :o

NO takeaways – None. Snacks at cinema budgeted for in Family Fun budget

EVERYONE DH borrowed my bank card to get fuel yesterday as he has lost his and didn't put it back in my purse so had to use CC at cinema but transferred monies from CA to CC to cover it this morning

YOU should cook from scratch when you can – does breakfast and lunch count? ;)

OUTSIDE – lovely walk with the dog in the sunshine yesterday morning

REPORT – must remember to do it every evening!
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 769 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi lovely turtles,

NSD- number 3. Yay. Spent yesterday on groceries, sparklers & making a donation at a firework display. Today we are just going swimming (pre paid lesson)
    Enjoy- firework display yesterday, knitting for me later. Need to finish my my boys hats.
    Budgets-- although I spent yesterday , hub gave me some left over fuel money so it's still the same-£156 spends. Planning to not spend a penny until friday so I have £50 a week to spend which is managable..

Rules- obeyed :D
    Now- I feel rubbish, I'm not taking care of myself, Ive done no excersize for weeks, my anxiety is at it's worsed. I am starting on this today:D:D
    No take aways- nope.

Everyone/ values- still in budget, the car will be fine if I can just stop going slightly over budget every month.
    Extra- £310 compensation from the government after they didn't pay me my tax free childcare for months on end and left me working for huge losses last year. Not really sure 300 quid cuts the sleepless nights and endless tears. I almost handed my notice in at one point. However it pays for butlins in May & I am reminded just how lucky we are that although things were really tight that we still kept saving a little of hubs wage & the turtles & MSE tools kept our heads above water. I know a lot of people messed about by this system were mot so lucky-kisses to you all xx
    You- making soup
    Outside- i will try.
    Report- hello

Kindness- I played with a little girl who is not very nice to my son at a party. Obviously Id bever be unkind to a child but I hope by showing her kindness & her Dad (who turns out to be really lovely) she might just remember that next time she wants to hit my boy. They are only 4 & I am not criticizing aanyone-- they all do it, but perhaps I can win her round!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure