Music Magpie - Warning

Comments

• Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    NJR01 wrote: »
    Terrible experience both selling and buying, I will never use them again. Pristine item sent in, they reduced the offer massively, and when I questioned they sent a picture of a device with significant damage.

I didn't know they were a known mser company.
    I'll post SE anyway what I know is it's mint condition at less than 1 year use.
    I could have went o2 again though this SE isn;t holding up particularly well in recycle value.
    Some decent music M revo reviews some shocking revo reviews.
    Hopefully it works well and they honour the quoted 130 as I've since unlocked it to raise price from 90to130 as mentioned on their site.
    Thanks I shall report maybe next week all going well
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • aninvasion
    aninvasion Posts: 23 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Sounds dodgy as! Used Mazuma Mobile back in the day but we tend to trade in our phones now when we upgrade.
  • I've only ever had positive experiences with Music Magpie personally, but I've sent nothing of serious value yet. I think I'd prefer to sell anything worth over £50+ via eBay or something, I feel like you won't get the full worth on MM.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    aninvasion wrote: »
    Sounds dodgy as! Used Mazuma Mobile back in the day but we tend to trade in our phones now when we upgrade.

I've sold my last few phones using Gumtree, make a little bit more and no issues of hoping they pay out properly.
    ====
  • Dandytf
    1st home printed delivery label which actually scanned at local p.o.
    Straight home from work to bank then p.o. all for 17.07 from 16:30 finish and few miles drive.
    SE packed and away to music m via printed RM48hr delivery-no cost.
    Might not leave until tomorrow I'd think Fri latest it should be with Music M.
    Running into eater so not reasonably expecting payment until after Easter weekend.
    Hope this is honoured as it's a few quid to return to credit card.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • d123
    Dandytf wrote: »
    1st home printed delivery label which actually scanned at local p.o.
    Straight home from work to bank then p.o. all for 17.07 from 16:30 finish and few miles drive.
    SE packed and away to music m via printed RM48hr delivery-no cost.

Im not sure I'd have relied on an untracked 2nd class service to send a parcel valued at £130. This is a common complaint across all the companies of parcels allegedly failing to arrive or not being able to found.

For the sake of pennies you should have at the very least paid the difference for a signature (I would have paid for Special Delivery or a service with at least sufficient compensation to cover its value).

Hopefully your parcel is one of those that doesn't have any problems enroute or on arrival.
    ====
  • Dandytf
    d123 wrote: »
    Im not sure I'd have relied on an untracked 2nd class service to send a parcel valued at £130. This is a common complaint across all the companies of parcels allegedly failing to arrive or not being able to found.

For the sake of pennies you should have at the very least paid the difference for a signature (I would have paid for Special Delivery or a service with at least sufficient compensation to cover its value).

Hopefully your parcel is one of those that doesn't have any problems enroute or on arrival.

SE posted anyway-not tracked though at least scanned in local p.o. I have certificate of posting. Let's hope it arrived as requested.
  • d123
    SE posted anyway-not tracked though at least scanned in local p.o. I have certificate of posting. Let's hope it arrived as requested.

Certificate of posting entitles you to £20 compensation in the event of loss/damage. You'll never know if it actually arrived in the event of any issues.

I'll just wish you good luck and hope you're one of the lucky ones.
    ====
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    d123 wrote: »
    Certificate of posting entitles you to £20 compensation in the event of loss/damage. You'll never know if it actually arrived in the event of any issues.

I'll just wish you good luck and hope you're one of the lucky ones.

£20 is probably more than they'll end up with from Music Magpie anyway.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I'd think Fri latest it should be with Music M.

No post will arrive anywhere on Friday as it's Good Friday.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback