Can I do it by myself?

Comments

• Lil_Suga
    Lil_Suga Posts: 41 Forumite
    How random....got paid on good Friday. Not going to complain! No online gambling actioned! This is great. Just awaiting for the bills to be paid Tuesday and I can start on planning to reduce my mountain of debt. :T
  • Lil_Suga
    Quick update!! No gambling...that’s sorted since joining gamstop...lifesaver, literally! Now to tackle the debt. Whilst checking the account that I pay my self managed DMP from u noticed 1 particular company did not collect their payment. So I called, message to say hi into administration , no payments currently being collected. So when these pay day sharks have this happen how does that leave me? Anyway I have a few other calls to make and I’ll get on this soa.
  • Tink_04
    Tink_04 Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    You have taken a huge step to stop your addiction but please seek other support too. Having someone either a family member/sponsor etc onside will help you beat this for good! Good luck and I will be reading your diary!

Tink
    Living the simple life
  • Lil_Suga
    Thankyou Tink, my sister and best friend know about my situation and always check on me. So still no gambling, seriously if you are in a situation like mine sign up to gamstop. You will be moody for a while and not know what to do with yourself but you can fight it. So my plan for this week is to get some more bits on selling sites and do a soa, and speak with 4 debtors to agree a monthly payment. Agggh everything I just wrote disappeared!! ....let’s try and remember what I had said. Surely clearing council tax and gas and electricity arrears are top priority and then pay more towards debt. Weekly noddle report due tomorrow, enjoy watching that number come down slowly, very slowly. Wishing you all a good evening people,
  • Lil_Suga
    Oh yes I knew I left something out....I plan to use the snowballing effect, each creditor is receiving at least £5 a few of these will be repaid fully/very nearly by end of this year if I use this method. I’m sure you guys will give me some advice on my the best way to tackle this once soa etc done. Thanks for taking time to read.
  • Lil_Suga
    Where can I get a soa form please?? Thanks in advance x
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Not sure if this is what you need

http://www.stoozing.com/calculator/soa.php

Good luck
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • Lil_Suga
    Thankyou motivated!! Off to tackle the too many clothes situation...eBay here I come!!
  • Lil_Suga
    Just a quick update. Still no gambling!!!! Yaaaay!! £70 made via second hand selling sites!! Lots more to put on. Payday next week already!! Done a food shop today and still got £50 in the bank and all bills paid, including self managed DMP (still 3 to agree a payment arrangement with). Must admit I have had a few takeaways this month, I’m going to see that as a reward for not gambling. However, from next payday it will be debt busting time and SOA time. With not gambling I have also been revamping my home, not bought anything new, just rearranging furniture and sorting cupboards etc. Onwards and upwards let’s teally get this journey started !!
  • Lil_Suga
    Ok time for update!! Still no gambling!!! Just attempted an SOA but it crashed on me...so will do my own....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure