Are there any online supermarkets that allow you to save a list of ingredients as a meal

Hi,

Are there any online supermarkets that allow you to record a list of ingredients as a 'meal', and then add that 'meal' to the shopping basket? For example, record beans on toast, as a tin of beans and a loaf of bread, add the 'beans on toast' meal to the shopping basket to have beans and bread added?

Comments

• pelirocco
    pelirocco Posts: 8,274
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    How would it know what bread or beans you want?
    if then you decided to add egg on toast you would end up with another loaf of bread
    then of course toast is a meal
    and sandwiches

and would that be for 1, 2 3 or more people ....you would soon have your own bread mountain
    Vuja De - the feeling you'll be here later
  • pelirocco wrote: »
    How would it know what bread or beans you want?
    if then you decided to add egg on toast you would end up with another loaf of bread
    then of course toast is a meal
    and sandwiches

and would that be for 1, 2 3 or more people ....you would soon have your own bread mountain

That's an answer to a different question, 'how would it work'.

I'll bite though - beans on toast was a simple example. Using something like spag bol, you would simply list how many grams of your chosen brand of pasta you need, how many tins of tomatoes etc and it would multiply accordingly and give you the minimum qty that you need.

It's actually really, simple. I'm sure it will exist at some point, because it makes life easier for the consumer - my question though is does it exist today?
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,852
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    my question though is does it exist today?

No it doesnt.

You can do shopping lists and save them but you cannot do 25g of pasta for example, you would have to put a bag in your list
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Thanks Sarah - in your experience, can you combine lists in an order?
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,852
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    Thanks Sarah - in your experience, can you combine lists in an order?

They usually go in the order that you add them to your list.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/multi-search

https://groceries.asda.com/favourites-lists/list/1

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/lists
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Bacman
    Bacman Posts: 537
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    It's easy enough to compile a list of ingredients for a meal or recipe you need, removing items you already have in stock, then just order those items you need!
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    There are schemes such as Morrison's Eat Fresh whereby ingredients for its recipes are delivered.

"We'll bundle up the fresh, pre-portioned ingredients you need to cook a range of recipes for two or four people - and deliver them to your door as often as you ask us to."
    https://www.morrisons.com/eatfresh/
  • wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,113
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I just write the list down or print it off with the instructions.
    Someone please tell me what money is
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport