Post D.R.O

Hi I'm wanting some advise on this please..my dro ended sept17. I've recently received some money from a family trust..the trustee/solicitor has sent a form to claim tax back on what's been paid.. I'm bricking it because I didn't know I was receiving this money Its classed as unearned income..will it have an effect on my completed dro? No one knows I had a dro and I'm worrying again about it all. Thanks.

Comments

• You'll be ok. I'm nearly 7 years on from a DRO without one side of my parent knowing and halfway through the 6 years they had to pay the family solicitor to run a bankruptcy check in a inheritance/asset position I never asked for - never flagged up or caused trouble. I never did find right moment to tell family member.
    I can write about DRO in job applications, what was the landlord, tell any stranger but telling family no.
  • Yannerd87
    Yannerd87 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for your reply.. Its the best thing I ever did but I just worry as there is only me who knows..
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,833 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Yannerd87 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply.. Its the best thing I ever did but I just worry as there is only me who knows..

Hi,

There is nothing to worry about, once your 12 month monotorium period has ended, so does your liability, you are not required to make payments or have assets seized in a DRO.

You are worrying over nothing.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure