The Gibberish trek to a deposit!

1235»

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Gibberish, hurrah for new housey! Really well done.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Yeeeeeaaaaaaayyyyyy!!! That's fantastic news, how exciting!! And I totally agree with getting your bonus money from the government if you can. Offers like that don't come round very often!
    MFW2023 challenge #99: £1090.11 / £1,000 MFiT-T6 (Jan 2022 - Jan 2025) challenge #99: Reduce mortgage to £400,000. Current balance = £413,551.19 Initial MF date (23rd Aug 2022): Sep 2051 Current MF date: Jul 2051 Last updated: 15/06/2023
  • Gibberish94
    Gibberish94 Posts: 30 Forumite
    So I guess I should update this and bring this thread to a close.
    It's completion day TODAY eek!

We got approved for our £282,000 mortgage with an £18,000 deposit (south east prices), this kept us within the £300,000 limit for stamp duty so nothing to pay there.

The whole process has been fairly smooth besides a slight hiccup with our own solicitor but the people we purchased from were buying an empty property and we're going from rented so the chain was minimal thankfully!

We are SO SO SO excited to get the keys later on today.
    Thank you so everyone that wrote kind words while I tracked our savings, whilst I didn't post tons I really enjoyed coming back to see how far I'd come each time.

I started this thread in 2016 with a credit card balance that kept growing and a gazillion exams away from qualifying in my profession. I'm now qualified, have nothing on my credit card and just bought a house with my other half. AMAZING!

I'll be making a thread in the future in mortgage-free-wannabes but for this thread it's good bye and thanks :D!
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Congratulations Gibberish that's great news :T

Wishing you every happiness in your new home.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Gibberish really well done.

:beer::j:beer::beer::j:beer::j:beer::j:beer::j:beer::j:beer::j:beer::j

Good luck on the new thread. Many nice people have moved over to there and I am sure you will continue to be v clever. Enjoy the new house and have a lovely summer.

love swxxxxxxx
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family