PayPal Warning

Jeff_Wilson19
Jeff_Wilson19 Posts: 5 Forumite
edited 5 December 2018 at 2:33PM in Praise, vent & warnings
I know I am not alone when I say Think Twice about using PayPal. You are not protected as they say,

We purchased goods from somebody overseas and as a small company £263 was a lot of money to spend with someone we had no dealing with and we couldnt get the items in the UK, So we piad using PayPal.
When the goods arrived they were nothing like what was ordered or promised they were very cheap and terrible, So we asked them about it and to cut a long story shorter we were fobbed off, they laughed at us basically, but because we had paid via paypal I thought we would be covered and asked them for help.

We asked PayPal to step in and help us, We were told to send the goods back, PayPal decided in our favour and told us you will get your money back great we thought lets send the rubbish back and we will learn from it.

However that's when the trouble started, We were given an address by PayPal to send the goods back but in a different country than we had purchased so we called and asked why and were told its because the individual has that as his address so we tried 6 different shipping companies who told us it was incorrect address and they couldn't except the package, we told by PayPal no problem we will extend your case until the SELLER responds with the correct details so we waited and waited three times we called PayPal back and nothing we spoke to PayPal again and they said dont worry its not your fault its the Seller the case has been found in your favour as soon as the SELLER responds you can then proceed.
As we were getting nowhere so I used my own common sense and used google maps and after making a couple of phone calls overseas ourselves we got the correct information, brilliant we went back to the shipping company and we paid a further £83 to send the parcel back with full tracking details again we checked with PayPal as a further £83 to post them back is a lot of money yes send them back its fine.

So we sent pictures and scans of the tracking we sent them photos of the goods we should have received and the goods we actually received and today we are told we have reached a decision and your claim has been closed as you didn't provide details in time.
I am absolutely disgusted with PayPal and the lies they have told us, the incompetence of them and there staff and the fact they decided in our favor asked us to spend further money then closed our case, we spoke with them at every step and did everything they asked.

We have sent the incorrect goods back as they asked and are now left £346 pounds out of pocket. I am so frustrated and angry and upset that PayPal can basically lie to us and many more people at the moment looking on PayPal Facebook page. I would ask Martin to investigate this please? Think twice before using PayPal

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    No idea whether there is anything of interest in that vast wall of text, if you really want it to be read I suggest you invest in some paragraphs.
  • I really dont care what you think, if you arent interested in the vast wall of text dont read it.
    Have a lovely day.
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    I know I am not alone when I say Think Twice about using PayPal. You are not protected as they say, We purchased goods from somebody overseas and as a small company £263 was alot of money to spend with someone we had no dealing with and we couldnt get the items in the UK, So we piad using PayPal, When the goods arrived they were nothing like what was ordered or promised they were very cheap and terrible, So we asked them about it and to cut a long story shorter we were fobbed off, they laughed at us basically, but because we had paid via paypal I thought we would be covered and asked them for help. we asked PayPal to step in and help us, We were told to send the goods back, PayPal decided in our favour and told us you will get your money back great we thought lets send the rubbish back and we will learn from it. that's when the trouble started, We were given an address by PayPal to send the goods back but in a different country than we had purchased so we called and asked why and were told its because the individual has that as his address so we tried 6 different shipping companies who told us it was incorrect address and they couldn't except the package, we told PayPal no problem we will extend your case until the SELLER responds with the correct details so we waited and waited three times we called PayPal back and nothing we spoke to PayPal again and they said dont worry its not your fault its the Seller the case has been found in your favour as soon as the SELLER responds you can then proceed, So I was getting nowhere so I used my own common sense and used google maps and after making a couple of phone calls overseas ourselves we got the correct information, brilliant we went back to the shipping company and we paid a further £83 to send the parcel back with full tracking details again we checked with PayPal as a further £83 to post them back is a lot of money yes send them back its fine. So we sent pictures and scans of the tracking we sent them photos of the goods we should have received and the goods we actually received and today we are told we have reached a decision and your claim has been closed as you didn't provide details in time. I am absolutely disgusted with PayPal and the lies they have told us, the incompetence of them and there staff and the fact they decided in our favor asked us to spend further money then closed our case, we spoke with them at every step and did everything they asked. We have sent the incorrect goods back as they asked and are now left £346 pounds out of pocket. I am so frustrated and angry and upset that PayPal can basically lie to us and many more people at the moment looking on PayPal Facebook page. I would ask Martin to investigate this please? Think twice before using PayPal

Could be a long wait!
  • Hi, Thanks for the comment. Probably, but hopefully it might make somebody else aware.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    In all that text you don't actually say what the returns tracking says?

Has it been delivered?
  • Hi,

Yes.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Hi,

Yes.

Did you upload the tracking to the case?

What exactly does the tracking status show?
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I really dont care what you think, if you arent interested in the vast wall of text dont read it.
    Have a lovely day.

So you don't care, but you've put the paragraphs in anyway? Nice to be consistent. By the way, I don't care either, so I have followed your instruction and not read it.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    So you lost the money because you failed to upload the tracking in time?

If £263 was a lot to risk with some stranger, why did you risk it?

Cannot get the item in the UK or just not at that price? How did you find the seller?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• B2B. Due diligence.

Buy cheap. Buy carp.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family