New Combi Boiler with 15mm gas supply

Comments

• C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    As long as the input pressure,the pressure loss between meter and appliance and the flue gas analysis are ok,then its ok IMHO.
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • katy123
    katy123 Posts: 365 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    C_Mababejive thanks for the assurance....i guess my next question is how do i check:

-the pressuve loss (between meter & boiler)
    -flue gas analysis (i guess this is the co2 reading I was shown?)

Safety is my main concern...many thanks
  • As long as the input pressure,the pressure loss between meter and appliance and the flue gas analysis are ok,then its ok IMHO.

yes agree however it doesn't comply with the MI, the gas connection size is there for a reason, OP all that CM has said above needs to be checked, but IMO the pipe needs changing for 22mm to comply with the MI & now is the time to do it not 3 yrs down the line when WB come out for a fault only for them to turn around & go without fixing the problem & we all know that they can & will do this.

the gas flow rate should be 3.02 m3/hr a maximum of 10 mins after first lighting
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • katy123 wrote: »
    C_Mababejive thanks for the assurance....i guess my next question is how do i check:

-the pressuve loss (between meter & boiler)
    -flue gas analysis (i guess this is the co2 reading I was shown?)

the simple answer is you don't your installer needs to do this as part of the commisioning process

• katy123
    edited 22 October 2012 at 9:45PM
    I just had the wall repaired and painted. So do I speak to worcester, the fitter or who? I'm so fed up of this. I just wanted hot water and a warm home to come back to.

the fitter is a worcester accredited fitter.
  • it's the fitters responsibility to check & do things right, is the pipe inside the wall then ?, unfortunately some installers are better than others, just look at BG i wouldn't get them to install a light bulb let alone a boiler

• katy123
    it's the fitters responsibility to check & do things right, is the pipe inside the wall then ?, unfortunately some installers are better than others, just look at BG i wouldn't get them to install a light bulb let alone a boiler

The 15mm section is in the wall, correct:(...so speak to the fitter, he has already said it is ok and he will/has proved to me by the co2 reading
  • southcoastrgi
    southcoastrgi Posts: 6,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 23 October 2012 at 12:12AM
    katy123 wrote: »
    The 15mm section is in the wall, correct:(...so speak to the fitter, he has already said it is ok and he will/has proved to me by the co2 reading

check your installation & servicing instructions it should be on page 8 (in my book or could be page 12 in yours) under gas supply & i quote "under no circumstances should the size of the gas supply be less than that of the appliance connection" your boiler has a 22mm connection therefore the pipe must be at least 22mm your installer CANNOT argue with this whatever readings he has, also like CM & myself have said (& it also states this in the MI) the working pressure needs to be checked at the meter & the boiler with whatever else you have in the house operating (gas fire on full, hob with three burners alight), this cannot be more than 1 mb difference if it is then it is at risk & the boiler gets turned off, if this is the case then the supply pipe isn't big enough & will need to be up-sized from the meter however far it needs to go, WB approved haha do some of these guys even go on the course.

• Hi

Just to be clear.

Flue gas analysis does not prove correct gas rate or pipe size.

GSR
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The safety aspect is the priority, but use of the incorrect supply pipework will also invalidate any WB warranty, should they spot it during any warranty call out required.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport