Removing money from a Stocks & Shares ISA

I need to withdraw money from my Fidelity Stocks & Shares ISA in order to contribute to the deposit for a flat I'm buying.

The instructions on the Fidelity website for doing this appear fairly straightforward. But I just want to know whether there's anything to be careful about when withdrawing money from a Stocks & Shares ISA?
Are there any penalties for withdrawing money without any notice or before a certain date?
Might I lose any interest I've earned if I do this?

I tried calling Fidelity but I was hold for ages so had to leave the call.

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,401
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Are there any penalties for withdrawing money without any notice or before a certain date?
    Notice periods, fixed terms, maturity dates and interest all typically relate to cash products rather than S&S, so aren't likely to be an issue here, so it should just be a case of selling whatever investments the money is currently tied up in and then withdrawing the proceeds.
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,532
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I need to withdraw money from my Fidelity Stocks & Shares ISA in order to contribute to the deposit for a flat I'm buying.

What interest were you expecting to earn? Generally unless you have bonds in your ISA you won't earn any interest but as above it's normally easy to get money out, sell the investments - normally online and transfer to your bank account. There may be a settlement delay depending on the type of investments you have.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure