VM 12 month contract ending

Options
myth123
myth123 Posts: 386 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
Hi,

My VM 12 month contract is due to end next month, can I give 30 days notice during the 11th month to leave without any penalties? My bill is going to increase to £80 after the 12 month promotional period and I am keen to avoid that!

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you've been happy with VM and you want to stay why not phone them up and say I can get this that and the other from Sky what can you do for me if I recontract. You don't have to agree to anything there and then, just scribble a reference number down and say you'll run it past the wife/husband/wall-spider/next door's rabbit and get back to VM.
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    Your contract isn’t ending - you are reaching the end of your minimum term. Yes, you can give notice at month 11 to end on the anniversary, but as another had suggested - ask if there are any deals available as you cannot afford the higher rate. You may then be transferred to Retrntions who will be able to negotiate a better rate. The downside? You’ve be given a fresh minimum term again!
  • Michael_once
    Options
    Warning, if you talk to retention they will give you a reduction, then two months later jack the price up.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Warning, if you talk to retention they will give you a reduction, then two months later jack the price up.

Then cancel under the terms of the price increasing mid-contract
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport