NST April 2018: April Fool's Challenge

Comments

• lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,313
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Haven't had time to check in for the last couple of days as working all day and doing my dissertation in the evenings. Not much to report. Randomly bought myself a second hand old camera online as a little project/hobby. That brings me up to 3/5 of my spend days.

Today I'm grateful for carpet cleaner arriving I'm the post and arranging a couple of things for my birthday.
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,408 as of 03/24
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    A NSD. Not much else to report. If I go mia it's because the laptop has broken - it has told me to put the battery on and it was already in
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hugs to those in need of them.
    A - 7/15 Managed an NSD.
    P - Done.
    R - Done.
    I - Read some of a book and wordsearch.
    L - Put some perfume on today.
    F - Walked part of the way home from work.
    O - Done.
    O - Still ongoing.
    L - Had an issue with spending time on social media today.
    S - Grateful for:
    Had a couple of hours temp work locally.
    Being in when 2 parcels I was expecting were delivered, just before I headed off to work.
    For my friend sorting out somethings for herself that is going to help her financially with the support of her son.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,817
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    mothernerd wrote: »
    Hugs f0xh0les

Thank you! Much appreciated.

Did you go in the bat house at the zoo? I told the kids if they stayed still and held their arms out the bats might land on them. They were all awed by being a bat landing pad. We could have stayed in there for hours.

And we used to live in Kersal, which borders Cheetham Hill which borders Blackley. I got bored one day just after having DS1 and decided to go for a wander and ended up in Harpurhey. So it was nice to hear about your visiting your son.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,817
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

Gratitudes today:
    - I'm still loving my cheap tulips in the garden. I'm wondering about waddling out to the garden to deal with the daffs past their best after work. This could count as my outside time :)

Be careful LB!
    Daffodil leaves should not be cut back until after they have turned yellow. Daffodils use their leaves to create energy, which is then used to create next year's flower. If you cut back daffodils before the leaves have turned yellow, the daffodil bulb will not produce a flower next year.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • LavenderBee
    LavenderBee Posts: 350 Forumite
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    Be careful LB!
    Daffodil leaves should not be cut back until after they have turned yellow. Daffodils use their leaves to create energy, which is then used to create next year's flower. If you cut back daffodils before the leaves have turned yellow, the daffodil bulb will not produce a flower next year.

Thank you - thankfully I didn't get round to Googling it, let alone going outside, so my dead daffs are in one piece :) Despite planting them all at the same time they've all come up at different times, but I'll wait til they're all yellow-leaved. Thank you for saving me a search :)

I'm rubbish with gardening (as you can tell!) but I'm surprised that my tulips seem to be flowering by colour. It was a big mixed pack, the lovely coral coloured ones are in full bloom, the purple have just come out and the yellow are still in bud. Gives them some longevity :)
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,668
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Aim for at least 15 NSDs. Usual exceptions apply, - Still 4/15
    Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. - ok (done)
    Report in every day. ok
    Interests -- am going to ease myself back into fitness this month and read more -running total -2 walks, 4 books. And another book started today :)
    Love yourself - using up face creams etc (micellar water, serums) on a daily basis - hoping my skin will benefit :)-

Find time to get outside. - - nope, other than a trip to TEsc0 & CS
    Overpay - aim to pay 20% extra to your debt or savings. - 6 items listed on flebay to help with this. Put an extra £250 to the savings acct for final pymt on OH's car - 3 things on fleabay have bids (should net £100+:beer:) Also found £90 of unclaimed expenses from last Nov for OH, so have set that aside as an extra payment for his CC :)
    Organise your month. - DS1's 18th birthday mid month - that's gonna cost...... (all presents now bought/ ordered)
    Lose one bad habit. - a certain game which I've spent waaay too much time on in March.... - not touched it today :) (this has gone very well)
    Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes. - yes :)
    Today I am grateful for:
    * some YS goodies in Tesc0 (duck and pancakes for tea - yum)
    * getting some paperwork for accountant sorted
    * bonus £90 in unclaimed expenses being found :)
    * more tidying in DS3's room

Budgets:
    Food 187.02/450
    Travel 59/ £75
    Gifts (inc cards etc) 8.25/£150
    Toiletries 6/£10
    Cleaning 10.70/ £10 (stocked up on dwasher tabs)
    Social £150
    Clothing 132.60/ £75:o (OH 2 x boots, 1 x coat, DS1 Y13 Leavers Hoody)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,661
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Today I am grateful for a little walk with dd, for a truly successful playdate with a new couple of kiddies, for the children playing outside for aaaages, for fun with dd throwing a bouncy ball around the place downstairs for her to chase, for dh getting on with some admin work, for a long chat with big sis, for honing my bday plans, for local magnolia trees starting to show off.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 12 April 2018 at 8:04AM
    Be careful LB!
    Thank you - thankfully I didn't get round to Googling it, let alone going outside, so my dead daffs are in one piece :) Despite planting them all at the same time they've all come up at different times, but I'll wait til they're all yellow-leaved. Thank you for saving me a search :)

I'm rubbish with gardening (as you can tell!) but I'm surprised that my tulips seem to be flowering by colour. It was a big mixed pack, the lovely coral coloured ones are in full bloom, the purple have just come out and the yellow are still in bud. Gives them some longevity :)

It used to annoy me the way my wilted daffodils look but knew you shouldn't cut bulb plants down too early. Then I pinched an idea I saw in my neighbour's garden and started tying them into a little knot. Lets them reabsorbed the energy and looks neater. Just make sure to be gentle and don't bruise/break the leaves.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Thank you! Much appreciated.

Did you go in the bat house at the zoo? I told the kids if they stayed still and held their arms out the bats might land on them. They were all awed by being a bat landing pad. We could have stayed in there for hours.

And we used to live in Kersal, which borders Cheetham Hill which borders Blackley. I got bored one day just after having DS1 and decided to go for a wander and ended up in Harpurhey. So it was nice to hear about your visiting your son.

Yes went in for a quick visit - spent longer there last time I went and I wasn't 'doing' the bits I had already done (still only managed 3/4 of the 136 acres). One bat caught hold of my finger, last time one half landed on my head - so much for all the radar/ they won't come near you bs. Did the same to a young man (probably in his twenties with a bunch of mates) and they were giving him a really hard time - the bat made him jump (well he was a bit more graphic than that). They do tell you to move slowly (so as not to scare them) but not to stop (in case they mistake you for a rock or roosting space).

Found the A-Z accidently and tried to look at where I had been. Funnily enough, when they first ordered the house and he said where it was, I asked if it was 'towards Oldham way' and he said 'sort of' and from the map it's just the MCr side of the border with Oldham.

I've done voluntary work in Ardwick Green and Hulme (once walked straight through Moss Side but it was before they made a habit of shooting each other), have written a funding application with someone who worked at Cheetham Hill Law Centre and many moons ago, when I worked at a Centre for the Unemployed, they made me liaison with other centres so I've visited places like Stockport and Miles Platting to swap ideas and problem solve (we took turns to host the meeting).

Today I am grateful that the laptop has decided to carry on a little longer, that most of my body has stopped hurting, for my bed, my nest, my sanctuary (gave my apologies for crafts, could hardly move this morning), for the few bits I bought yesterday combining well with what I had to for no stress meals (wraps with sandwich filling and baby spinach leaves, ys baby carrots and a head of celery with dips I bought for Easter but are still in date and a weird combo using random bits from the freezer - all good).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport