The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Share your stories on PPI Reclaiming claims handlers

Comments

• magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    jul87 wrote: »
    Hi
    Please could you help with advice or where to get it.I had a personal loan with direct line {now RBS} years ago and i want to claim back the PPI i m pretty sure i had it as was told i have to have it at time.
    I WANT TO DO THIS MYSELF but struggling.I have done the SAR thing and they say not enough info i have given them everything they have asked and now they say they cant find paper work from the loan and PPI so cant do anything further UNLESS I HAVE THE PAPER WORK buts its been 10 years.............help ?

Your problem is lack of evidence, pure and simple. You do not have any evidence and nor do they - so FOS is unlikely to uphold the complaint.
  • What an unhelpful thread this has turned into. I looked for advice and all I see is squabbling.
    Love, through the trees, past the sky, beyond the northern lights; and I won't let go. May your soul and spirt fly sweetheart x

My alphabet-girls are with me every step of the way x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 28 May 2012 at 9:27AM
    What an unhelpful thread this has turned into. I looked for advice and all I see is squabbling.
    I think MSE are at fault for posting a provocative thread which invites posters to share experiences of Claims Management Companies on a forum/site which does everything it can to discourage their use.

Did you really expect many such stories to be posted?
    The only advice worth listening to is that which tells you not to use a Claims Company.
    Most people attracted here want to save money, not give an exorbitant and largely undeserved fee to a CMC.
  • 2. Let us know the following:
    Why you decided to use a claims handler - Three years ago, I got a leaflet through my door from REMAX which said they'd joined a scheme for the low cost recovery of mis-sold PPIs and were making the chance to join available to anyone interested. So I contacted my local Remax Office and was informed that for an initial payment of only £100, Monster Claims would handle 100s of claims as a 'class action'. I handed over my details and my credit card and PPI details as well as a cheque for £100. Twelve months later I was advised by my local REMAX office that I was required to make a further payment of £10 as I'd originally missed the cut-off point before prices were raised. I made that payment too and recently contacted REMAX to find out what was happening as I'd heard nothing from Monster claims. I was told that after some research and some early progress, Monster Claims decided to drop the 'class action' and that I would not be getting a refund of the £110 as that was used in the initial court actions.

Were you happy with the service - NO - Not only did MINT diddle me out of several thousand £s in PPI money, but now Monster Claims via REMAX had done the same. On reflection, I don't know how I could've been so stupid but there you are - REMAX were so sure it would work.

How much were you claiming and how much did you get to keep - My claim was for about £2.5k. I received nothing and ended up a further £110 out of pocket.

Anything else you want to tell us - YES - DO NOT BELIEVE REMAX - as far as I'm concerned my deal was with REMAX as I never received any paperwork from MONSTER CLAIMS but REMAX are claiming it is nothing to do with them, they were, they say, working only as agents on behalf of Monster Claims.

Life can be a !!!!! sometimes, and as I've only just come out of debt management after 5yrs, I am really struggling to make ends meet. I'm self-employed, work long hours - usually between 70 and 90hrs a week and so I have no energy or enthusiasm to pursue the PPI money. I had hoped that someone could've done this for me but I now think I'd be better off not bothering about it and marking the whole thing down as an unfortunate life experience.
  • Sorry if this has been covered already. But can anyone advise me please?
    I put in several claims with Investor Compensation. I have received a couple of letters saying they have been successful in gaining a rebate (about £30-50), but are sending out letters saying I have overdue accounts with them. (invoices for £20-30 a time)
    We have received nothing from them, or paid by a bank into our accounts. The correspondance is now getting more aggressive, 3 times daily calls to the landline and to the mobile. I originally agreed a 25% fee fixed at the beginning to use them which I have asked for almost 5 months to be listened into to prove this. This is the only call they cant find they now tell me. I told them over the phone over 2 month ago to not process any of the other couple of claims which they agreed to. Now they tell me they need that in writing, and they will charge £80 an hour for any "work done" on these. They now have sent through the first letters of demand from a third party collection agency.
    What do I do? Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Gabriel19 wrote: »
    Contact the Ministry Of Justice to complain about this firm's activities.
    If they continue to harass you, contact your local Trading Standards or you could go along to your local Citizen's Advice Bureau who'll be happy to refer you to other relevant agencies.
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Gabriel19 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been covered already. But can anyone advise me please?
    I put in several claims with Investor Compensation. I have received a couple of letters saying they have been successful in gaining a rebate (about £30-50), but are sending out letters saying I have overdue accounts with them. (invoices for £20-30 a time)
    We have received nothing from them, or paid by a bank into our accounts. The correspondance is now getting more aggressive, 3 times daily calls to the landline and to the mobile. I originally agreed a 25% fee fixed at the beginning to use them which I have asked for almost 5 months to be listened into to prove this. This is the only call they cant find they now tell me. I told them over the phone over 2 month ago to not process any of the other couple of claims which they agreed to. Now they tell me they need that in writing, and they will charge £80 an hour for any "work done" on these. They now have sent through the first letters of demand from a third party collection agency.

I suggest you send the following e-mail to info@investorcompensation.co.uk and copy to consumer@claimsregulation.gov.uk

FORMAL COMPLAINT OF MISCONDUCT AGAINST INVESTOR COMPENSATION (CLAIMS) LLP

I wish to make a formal complaint against Investor Compensation (Claims) LLP.

You claim to have succeeded in achieving redress for me but I have received no such payment.

You have then attempted to invoice me for late payment for a service you have not provided.

Therefore I ACCUSE OF FRAUD because it is attempting to charge me for a service which it has not provided and is also attempting to charge me for not paying money to which it is not entitled.

In addition, I accuse you of HARRASSMENT, within the context of the Protection From Harrassment Act 1997, by calling my several times a day.

It is quite clear from your conduct that INVESTOR COMPENSATION (CLAIMS) LLP is not a fit and proper person to carry out claims management activities.

Therefore, I insist that you immediately discontinue acting on my behalf and, since you are demonstrably incompetent, you cancel all and any charges that you claim I owe you.

I am sending a copy of this e-mail to your regulator, the Ministry of Justice.
  • Thanks both of you,
    Your advice is really appreciated.
    Many thanks,
    Gabriel
  • Ashlea
    Ashlea Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hello, new to all this!
    We have Decreasing Mortgage cover with Payment protection benefit. Just contacted my broker, as my husband has had operation on his arm and could be out off work for quite some time, to see if we can claim on the policy. We were under the impression that we were cover for the payment protection after 60 days back to day 1, but when I rang him he said it was 6 months before we could claim!! Don't think this is what he told us we were covered for, as after 6 months repossesion would start - so this seems a waste of money. Do you think we have been mis-sold this cover?
    Would be great full for you advise on this?
  • squiggler_2
    squiggler_2 Posts: 28 Forumite
    A company called The Claims Guide has called my husband on approx 10 occasions, 7 of these within the last 48 hours. I've no idea where they got our telephone number and why they won't take 'no' for an answer. It's really infuriating me.
    Onwards and upwards! :rotfl:

Blogging at Fair, Fat, Fifty . . . Frak! blogspot
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport