Becksevens Surviving Maternity Leave Diary

Comments

• beckseven
    beckseven Posts: 877 Forumite
    Thanks Karen-I still haven't ebayed anything else-must do this so I can put the money towards my friends wedding-and wedding present! i've got a weigh in tonight so fingers crossed! Went to local cheapie shop today for DS easter bonnet/hat. Went to preschool meeting last night and discovered that the parade is tomorrow and that it is the last session before easter! I must be a week behind as I thought it was next week! Arrgh-have to keep restless 3 year old occupied next week now! i've done the preschool minutes already so feel achieved. I just need to make the hat now!
    HSBC Visa-High interest-£2349.23 Nat West £2605.18
    My Overdraft-£1500
    Barclaycard-1089.77
    Marks and Spencer card- 3331.30 next 92.67
    Total was 11066.29 now £10,968.15
  • beckseven
    Made hat and it looked lovely-i was really impressed with myself and the local paper was there so hopefully it will be fame at last for DS! Went to mums and tots this am and then have hearing test at the hospital for DD just to check all is ok after menigitis. She seems fine though as she certainly jumps when DS shouts in her ear! Have got a £6 off voucher at tescos so going to pop into day and spend more than £30 to use it up-need to get easter eggs etc so should spend it.Still no ebay-someone kick me!
    My Overdraft-£1500
    Barclaycard-1089.77
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,730 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Kick Kick Kickety Kick!!!!!!
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • Welcome!

Another diary to sign up to - YAY.

Easter Eggs in Morrison's I belive are a squid each (that is a pound and not an actual squid, could you imagine trying to pay over the counter with an actual squid. Funny or wot?). Sorry - gone off on a tangent again. Must stop doing that.

MSE will be your saviour on maternity leave I am sure!

Valued Opinions is another worthwhile survey site to belong to and don't forget the cashback sites too.

Congrats on the new babes arrival.
    ** Proud to be dealing with my debts **
    LBM - Jan 2009 _pale_ : £24,802.21 :eek:
    February 2010 :silenced: : £18,078.47 (not including OD)
    July 2010 :( = £16,819.34 (not including OD)
    January 2012 :mad: = £14,338.75 (not including OD)
  • Karen_30
    Karen_30 Posts: 823 Forumite
    Afternoon.....

Ebay ????????? I bet you are so busy doing it that you haven't had time to pop and post here :rotfl:

Well done on your creativity (hat) - i'm rubbish at things like that. Maybe I should start practicing for when I have one of my own :rotfl:

Glad that little one is ok now, hope you are managing to enjoy maternity.

Take care, xx
  • Hiya, didnt want to read and run so thought i would post.

Glad to hear your little one is ok after that ordeal. My friends little one had meningitis septicimia (sp?) and it is pretty scary. sending big hugs to you all.

Good luck on your challenge, i have just returned to work a few months early from my maternity leave as couldnt afford to stay off any longer, seems im not thje only one to accrue more debt whilst i was off......

will be reading with interest at how you get on....
    love rags
    xxxxxxxx
    December 2018: £20,850.24. Now: £18,333.02 Total paid in 2019: £2517.22

Weight loss: 1.5lbs
  • lucielle
    How's things going Becks?
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
  • beckseven
    Thanks to everyone for all your lovely messages of support. I've been so busy that i haven't been on here and haven't really done anything mse-I think the easter hols from preschool pretty much scuppered me going on the internet! Anyway-new fresh start today-maternity pay has started now-booo! so really need to focus on being a money saver. i have got my rocket and now some tomatoes and peppers on the go so that is at least something to report! I need to pop out for a few bits today as my internet shop was lacking stirfry stuff and kids yoghurts-also need to get a christening pressie-I really never know what to get-and can't spend much. I seem to be spending too much on my shopping too-but i guess the extra milk and nappies is probably to blame! i spend £87 the other day-gulp-and still need to get more-i'm sure i don't get the good bargains when i do it online but others seem to find it easier to budget. I need to focus now as i feel i've been a bit rubbish recently-need to focus now.
    My Overdraft-£1500
    Barclaycard-1089.77
  • lucielle
    I find it hard to stick to my grocery budget, as I only do a good shop when OH has a good wage. Between times its a bit of a scavenger hunt through the cupboards.
    L
  • beckseven
    Well i spent £69 yesterday on my weekly shop which was slightly better I guess! Still tending to my veggies and also have a sunflower on the go for ds that he got from preschool ( can't eat that i know but they look pretty!) Me and my Sil are going to do a carboot sale on the 24th May so am going to start organising a load of stuff for that-actually I may start doing that this lunchtime so i have a good start on getting rid of some stuff and making some money on it. Will look for some mystery shops to do as well-could do some of the restaurant lunchtime ones as DS has got to the age where he really enjoys me taking him out for a bite to eat-and dd is still at the age where she sits in her carseat and smiles so the experience is quite enjoyable-I know it won't last! I need to start doing a small to do list each day to make sure i achieve something each day-just with 4 things on-today I am going to 1. deal with my bank account 2. dust the landing and stairs 3. Tidy the bedrooms 4. Ring my boss and arrange a day to go in and see him. I've got Rosemary Conley tonight but i don't think i've done very well this week-i'm so blinking hungry! Have got a wedding next weekend so will be on a very strict week from tonight onwards to get a bit more svelte!
    My Overdraft-£1500
    Barclaycard-1089.77
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts