The "thats another fine mess I got us into" and I'll get us out again diary!

Well having been on here for a few months, hidden carrots and parsnips in cottage pie, and learn't more about true support and virtual friendships than I ever imagined, I have decided to start my own diary.

I know the totals and have for almost 4 years now, but on CCCS advise I didn't change my job or take on a 2nd or 3rd job as it would have affected our DS.

Well that is changing -

I start full time on Monday - god I hope I don't fall asleep at my desk :rolleyes: .
I now do a scratchcard each day
I have online banking on one account to see how I get on with it
I will not watch out for the postman - no more tears, panic attacks etc.

2009 started with tears - I was only putting my socks on and my back went - it happens sometimes but not too bad today - but the tears were NOT debt related. I am nearly grown up (mid thirties:p ) and will behave grown up - unless its a sad film then I will blubber into my hankie to my hearts content. :rotfl:

I have a notepad for the figures, a diary for spending and keeping up to date and Hypno's squares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am aiming to reduce the DFW date from about 30 years to 10 years max - just in time to have to help DS through driving tests etc (I've told him to start saving now :whistle: )

I know I may fall off every now and then, but I ask and give permission that you kick my butt back into shape!

Me x
One small step for ME, one giant leap for my family!

2015 - my Amazon Gift Certificate mini challenge - saving to buy small household electrical items.
Total £9.12

Comments

• jenchin66
    jenchin66 Posts: 648 Forumite
    Good luck with your quest
    Pad, started 28.11.08 running total £3674.91:T
    Sealed pot challenge member 346:T
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Sorry about your sore back - I hope it clears up fully soon.

Good luck with full time work on Monday - you will soon get used to it, and tiredness is just a normal thing when you are a Mum, so a bit more won't make much difference :o
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • katie2407
    katie2407 Posts: 352 Forumite
    good luck with your quest I will be following it
    :mad: 5 account to clear- £14580.47/£1074.90- 7.3% paid off
    debt free nov 2012 before that I hope
    sealed jar no 420
  • halight
    halight Posts: 3,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good luck
    and keep us upto date with how you get on
    :jYou can have everything you wont in lfe, If you only help enough other people to get what they wont.:j
  • Thanks for the support, sorry haven't posted until this morning but it has been a busy weekend!

All the decs are down and the house is tidy (not quite to Flylady standards but heyho!)

Having spent the last 5 years in a job with a uniform, and a big dog with muddy paws, my office wear was nothing special so decided to try and find some bargains using money i am getting for my bday this week.

Got a gorgeous new wool coat from H&M £70 reduced to £30 so very MSE and smart, ready for making good impression this morning.

I had a look in Pr!mark, does anybody else feel the same as me, that if they can produce what appears to be very good quality cotton long sleeve t-shirts for just over £2, who is making them - saw loads of bits I liked but cash stayed in pocket due to moral dilema. :confused:

Got a fine knit cardi from Mr S for £15. that will do to get me started!

Feeling very positive about today - double scratch day as well - lets hope i'm still feeling this way when i get home tonight!!

Halight - hope the twins are still settled in their new room. :j

Me x

2015 - my Amazon Gift Certificate mini challenge - saving to buy small household electrical items.
    Total £9.12
  • Good Morning,

Just thought that I would wish you good luck today in your new job :)

Will be reading your diary with interest.

Tea
    x
  • Well, I survived my first day and didn't fall asleep - the team all thought it was really funny that I haven't past 3 since my boy was born and could they try it!!!!

Had to do a shop and due to weather ended up at Mr T which then left me worrying yesterday evening and in the night about money - just 3 more weeks and things will be easier. Just need to tell my brain that!

Well, off to do my scratchcard - every little helps ;) .

Me x

Total £9.12
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    glad to read that work was ok - you sound like things will be fine.

Hang on in there - three weeks will fly by!
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    glad work went well for you. you sound very determined and if you've discovered Hypno you're well on your way. I'll subscribe to your diary to see you how you're getting on but i'm sure it will be onwards and upwards.
  • Evening,

Can't believe my baby is 9 today :bdaycake: .

Survived another day, starting to understand the lingo and work out who is who, just keep getting lost around the building - but if you stand and look like a tourist someone always tells you where to go!!!!!

Lemon Tree - welcome to my diary - i am trying to be positive, can't live like this any longer - i am not a victim, I'm a DFW, :dance:

Hypno is awesome!!!

Me x

Total £9.12
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport