241 London Zoo, Eye

Options
Hi Guys & Girls,

I have been having a little look on the forums and I think I've found what I need to know but looking for clarification really.

Im going to London tomorrow and taking my lovely lady for the weekend as its her birthday. Saw the 241 London offers if you travel by train, I'm driving down to Dagenham in the morning but just needing to know what/where I can buy a single rail ticket to take advantage of the 241 offers.

I read somewhere Waterloo to Vauxhall should work (Only £6.50 for 2 tickets). Is this right? Will these tickets be valid for London Zoo & London Eye maybe even the Sea Life Centre. (Trying to make the most of the weekend.)

I don't want to get there and look like a plonker (More than I already do) with my paper voucher and told I can't use my voucher with the rail ticket.

Any help is appreciated as my time is running out.
Thanks in advance.
Tom

Comments

• Faith177
    Faith177 Posts: 2,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 June 2018 at 1:39PM
    Options
    If you are going via dagenham go the extra bit over and go into london via romford the ticket from there works for the 241 and they have the leafelet book to fill out the coupon on your way save you printing anything off the london eye, zoo and aquarium are all included along with the dungeons

I did an exhibit in March and they accepted the tickets from Romford. Plus just checked for you and no issues on the TFL line this weekend
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
  • TomMallett16
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I!!!8217;m staying in the travelodge Dagenham nearest station is Becontree or Dagenham Heathway. (Was going to walk to them)

Would what I suggested work or is it best to go to Romford station then go in?

Thanks
    Tom
  • Faith177
    Options
    Yep I know that travelodge it's about 5 mins from me lol

You can do it the way you said but if you get the 174 from dagenham heathway (in fact I think there is a bus stop right by the hotel for the 174) that will take you to romford and it's only about 10-15 mins plus you can get off at statford get the jubilee line straight to westminister which is the stop you need for the eye and aquarium and it will be slightly quicker than the district line
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
  • TomMallett16
    Options
    Thank you in advance for your help, appreciate your knowledge as you know your area better than me. I am going to sound really thick here too haha. I am tight (As you can tell going on about vouchers ha). Im looking for the cheapest but most convenient way to use the 241. The main one im looking for is the Zoo.

Can I tube to London Bridge Station. (as to my knowledge there is capping with tube rides so imp repaired to pay the cap.) then buy a ticket there for London Bridge to Euston to get a paper ticket to be valid for the 241 at the Zoo. Would that work or am I reading this wrong?

My biggest worry is to by a train ticket, turn up at the Zoo and get told no can't use that.

Sorry for all the questions and if I go over everything more than once (I have to have things spelled out to me before they sink in).
  • davetrousers
    davetrousers Posts: 5,862 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You need to register on the 241 website (Days out guide).

Then print off something relevant to the attractions

• TomMallett16
    Options
    Ive already registered on there and I have added:

London Zoo
    London Eye
    SEA Life Centre
    Tower of London

I am going to print these off before I go. It asked me which station I would be coming from, does this matter as it doesn't take any money or anything before letting you have the vouchers?
  • Faith177
    Options
    Thank you in advance for your help, appreciate your knowledge as you know your area better than me. I am going to sound really thick here too haha. I am tight (As you can tell going on about vouchers ha). Im looking for the cheapest but most convenient way to use the 241. The main one im looking for is the Zoo.

Can I tube to London Bridge Station. (as to my knowledge there is capping with tube rides so imp repaired to pay the cap.) then buy a ticket there for London Bridge to Euston to get a paper ticket to be valid for the 241 at the Zoo. Would that work or am I reading this wrong?

My biggest worry is to by a train ticket, turn up at the Zoo and get told no can't use that.

Sorry for all the questions and if I go over everything more than once (I have to have things spelled out to me before they sink in).

No worries it always helps when someone knows the area

Tbh with you, you might be just as well off to just buy a travel card from Romford as that would cover all your journey without having to pay the extra (might be worth ringing tfl though and getting a price for both options)

You should be able to write it in after but as a fall back grab a 241 booklet from the station as they have coupons you can fill out on the day if they won’t do the voucher
  • TomMallett16
    Options
    Could I buy a travel card from barking station rather than going away to Romford?

Would that still work?

Thanks again
    Tom.
  • Faith177
    Options
    As long as it has the national rail symbol I believe it!!!8217;s ok
  • TomMallett16
    Options
    Hi Guys & Girls,

Thought I would update everyone on my travel and for those who come across this post searching for the answers I was looking for!

We did the London eye and London Zoo with the 241 entry voucher (Printed the voucher off before visiting from daysoutguide.co.uk). Purchased 2 X Single tickets from Waterloo to Vauxhall (Used the self serve machine) the train tickets cost us £3.10 each so £6.20 for the 2, bare in mind you have to have a ticket valid on the day of visit. We done the London eye on the Saturday and then the Zoo on the Sunday so we had to buy 2 Lots of 2 X single tickets both at £6.20 a time, however it still saved us money. The entry was £29.75 for London Zoo & £27 for the London Eye. So I saved £23.55 for London Zoo & £20.80 taking the train ticket cost into account!

Obviously if you book in advance you save money by booking early and not paying the on the day price but the 241's still work out saving you money. Depending on which attractions you visit though I did see advertised all 5 attractions for £55 per adult, which if you have more time seems well worth it!

Hope this helps anyone looking into the 241 info!

Thanks again for all your help.

Tom
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family