System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    pooch wrote: »
    To clarify:

This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Solarplicity (previously LOCO2 Energy)

Their current name is SOLARPLICITY ENERGY LIMITED
    (previously known as: LOCO2 ENERGY LTD )
    Registered number: 06895776

You will see the first reply posting feedback in this thread was in January 2014.

Please do not confuse this company with any other similar sounding business.The information you have linked to was a dormant company, which is now in liquidation. It is currently known as AMP 5000 LIMITED, having changed it's name on 13 April 2018 (i.e. before the date of the court hearing).
    The company was only incorporated in August 2015, under the name: SUSTAIN BIDCO 2015 LIMITED .

Thanks for the correction. However, I believe that my comment about Company accounts for the period ending 31st March 2017 (for Company 06895776) being nearly 6 months overdue still stands. That is, unless you know different?
  • Chirpy_Cheep_Cheep
    Chirpy_Cheep_Cheep Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 22 June 2018 at 10:02AM
    Solarplicity Energy Limited
    Sort Code 16-58-10
    Account 20181965
    Reference: your own account number

Those account details work for me too. I'm taking back control over what I pay to Solarplicity. Of course I'm happy to pay on being invoiced a valid bill with meter readings I supply. But they seem to thrive on sending out estimates even though I've provided them with actuals. And using that as justification to (1) bill me more and (2) jack up my Direct Debit. I'm not having that so I'll pay my bills on demand based on actual consumption
  • So glad I researched the company before I switched. I got stung by economy energy last year when I tried to reduce my bills from ecotricity. While I'm back with them now, I'd still like to reduce my bills - but companies like economy energy and solarplicity should not be allowed to stay in business or at the very least take on new clients. Relieved I've dodged a bullet here!!
  • Blowey
    Blowey Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hi there I have been with Solarplicity now for four months and have sent a reading about a month ago as they didn’t ask for it I just did and I have yet to get a bill .
    I have contacted them about 10 times but no one gets back to me
    Don’t use this useless company
  • Changed to a new supplier 2 months ago. Still have not got back overpaid money. Tried numerous times to phone them, looking at previous reviews I see that holding for 30-45 minutes and hanging up is probably why!! Clearly I should be prepared to wait for 2 hrs - at least its a freephone number from a landline! No response to emails either
    Terrible service - I wasnt aware that such terrible companies were still around - look for another company name change in the future I guess?

Needless to say I will not be returning to this company.... ever
  • edl2011
    edl2011 Posts: 19 Forumite
    After 5 months they are still only billing me for gas. Despite having spoken to them twice and to old supplier, electricity is still in limbo.
    It takes over half an hour to get through on the phone - and then they don't actually do anything.
    My old supplier can't give me a final bill until they pull their finger out and they owe me a refund.
  • mbmonty
    mbmonty Posts: 149
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I still have not left Solarplicity, but I think I will have to soon, they have horrendous problems with their billing system.

My question is where can I go that offer no standing charge and cheap prices?
  • SP29
    SP29 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I joined Solarplicity in April 2018 and still waiting for a gas bill, despite numerous email requests. I think I will have to find another supplier also, but worried they may charge me an exit fee....?
  • Revoraman
    Revoraman Posts: 30
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 25 July 2018 at 11:50AM
    Even though I successfully managed to switch from a clueless, diabolical left-hand-knows-not-what-right-is-doing nPower to solarplicity, unfortunately, their Customer Service to contact or be contacted by them is by far the WORST in the UK of all companies.

1)asked them to: contact me because a friend wanted to switch to them----zilch
    2)failed to follow-up a Tweet they themselves raised.
    3)asked them via email to raise a Complaints Procedure as per Ombudsman's recommendation---again, zilch
    4)and as for phoning them.....at 8am 'all our lines are busy 'excuses to generate money while they deliberately keep customers on hold more than 45 mins and even then do not answer!

.......still waiting!!
  • mbmonty
    mbmonty Posts: 149
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    SP29 wrote: »
    I joined Solarplicity in April 2018 and still waiting for a gas bill, despite numerous email requests. I think I will have to find another supplier also, but worried they may charge me an exit fee....?

If you signed up for the tariff with exit fee then yes they will charge you

Also they hit you for the free LED light bulbs if you leave within a year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure