MBNA Money Transfer Offer

Options

Comments

• MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,617 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I would just pay from current account to keep the stooze amount as high as possible
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Motley, how are you being notified about the MBNA offer, email? I check fairly regularly by logging on to my account, nothing since March.

I don't have a separate stooze pot as such, I've just got one main pot of cash that follows the best rates around but always with plenty of cash instantly available.

All my credit card payments come from my main current account (FlexDirect) which I just top back up as payments go out.
  • Mogley
    Mogley Posts: 250 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the insight regarding payments. I plan to use the Tesco current accounts for the direct debits (new terms mean I need three for each account which can't include Tesco savers) I will then top the accounts up from the lowest interest paying stooze pot. This mean that my total stooze amount is ever decreasing as I do not have the luxury of being able to top it up with other cash.
    TheShape wrote: »
    Motley, how are you being notified about the MBNA offer, email? I check fairly regularly by logging on to my account, nothing since March.

I checked my account this morning to confirm the final balance transfer had completed and noticed the same offer with a new end date. My pattern with the card is that I have used it for spending as well as money transfers and have also given them about £3.50 in interest during the timing issues with BT's.

It's a shame I'm so reluctant to take up the offer really because its a quick stooze. I'm happy with what I've achieved thus far. I'm going to wait and see what's available when my Halifax card promotional period ends next year.
    You should pay attention to the needs of the moment - otherwise there is no future. But to ignore the future is foolish - living solely for the moment leaves nothing for when the next moment arrives.
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 2 August 2017 at 9:51PM
    Options
    I get these offers each and every month and it doesn't seem to make any difference to the offer if I used it last month or not. I have also given up for the time being as my last 2 card applications resulted in limits of just 2000 pounds a piece. Have been considering paying some of the cards down in order to start again. Hopefully in doing so would achieve higher limits. But as yet I've always bottled it. As for the repayments they come out of one of the Santander accounts. Purely because that's the one that pays the least interest.
  • TheShape
    Options
    TheShape wrote: »
    A decline for a BT card from Lloyd's. Unfortunate as it's no-fee and £20 cashback available. It will soon be 6 months since I closed my Barclaycard account so I think Barclaycard will be the next one to try for. Got a balance of £3900 on a TSB card with the 0% period ending 02/08/17 which I'd rather not pay off.
    Candyapple wrote: »
    You should have gone into a branch first to check and saved yourself the hard search. I've always done this whenever I have wanted another Lloyds/Halifax/BOS card, you can see on their screen what your rating is and what credit card limit they will give you and what cards and loan amounts are available.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4866010

I ended up paying off the balance of my TSB card. Probably could have tried for another BT card but eligibility checkers (MSE credit club/MBNA/Barclaycard etc) weren't giving me particularly high chances. I hadn't closed my Barclaycard account quite as early as I thought either. Eligibility checkers now indicating stronger chances. Intending to call TSB to shut that account with the intention of getting a new 0% purchase card. Has anyone had any offers from TSB when asking to close a credit card account?

Re the Lloyds application. No credit search has ever appeared with the CRAs so it appears Lloyd's declined my application based purely on internal scoring/info.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Why do you need a balance transfer?
    Because this is the stoozing board ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Why do you need a balance transfer?

To transfer a balance, I'd imagine.
  • molerat
    Options
    Just had a letter (again) offering fee free BT & MT @ 6.9% for 60 mths. Seem to get one every month now. Pity I am maxed and have not got anywhere to BT some to. :cool:
  • TheShape
    edited 8 September 2017 at 5:09PM
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    Just had a letter (again) offering fee free BT & MT @ 6.9% for 60 mths. Seem to get one every month now. Pity I am maxed and have not got anywhere to BT some to. :cool:

Again?! No further offers for me. :(

Applied for a MBNA 0% purchases card. Declined. Reason given - MBNA believed my current Credit Limit £5200 was sufficient based on my income £30100 (wage + investment income).

Where next? I'm a couple of days from having my Halifax card for 6 mths so may drop in to Halifax or Lloyd's and enquire about the likelihood of getting another card.
  • molerat
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    .........................The man from Tesco he say NO and sent me a nice letter about responsible lending and how my credit file shows a large amount of credit card borrowing. ................. :(
    But has just seen fit to increase my current card credit limit :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport